Job Opportunity Details
Pharmacy Tech/Patient Advocacy Representative II
Hiring Location: St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 5750 Pineland Drive, Suite 280, DALLAS, TX 75231 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Schedule TBD - Monday through Friday
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Certification/Accreditation (see Description)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: Yes
St. Vincent de Paul Pharmacy in Dallas, Texas, specializes in providing prescription medication, free of charge, to patients who do not have health insurance. We know that better health means fewer sick days: so people can keep working and not risk losing their job. We know it means being able to pay rent and afford groceries each month. It means fewer trips to the emergency room and a longer, happier life!
We are seeking a caring pharmacy technician to join our mission.
The Patient Advocacy Representative II completes the certification process of patients according to established policies and procedures and ensures that data are accurately filed and/or entered into a computer database. In addition, under direct supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge, the Patient Advocacy Representative II performs pharmacy technician duties including receiving prescriptions, entering them into the pharmacy system, filling prescriptions and communicating with physician offices/clinics as needed for prescription refills and clarifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes intake process for potential patients.
• Works with intake volunteers: helps to train them on the intake process.
• Assists SVdP Conference members with referrals to the pharmacy.
• Completes intake data entry and paperwork filing.
• Refers patients to other potential services that may be available to them (both within the Society and other area agencies).
• Responsible for proper communication and documentation of clarification requests and follow up, including documenting progress of enrollment at SVdP Pharmacy.
• Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist in Charge, receives prescriptions, enters them into the pharmacy computer system, fills prescriptions.
• Responsible for making outbound requests to physician offices/clinics to request prescription refills and/or to request updates on pending prescription clarification requests.
• Receives written prescription clarifications or refill requests and verifies that information is complete and accurate.
• Maintains confidentiality per HIPAA standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to juggle multiple priorities.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral skills.
• Knowledge of state and federal pharmacy laws and regulations for taking and dispensing prescriptions.
• Knowledge of pharmacy products, services, and operations.
• Verbal and written communication skills to speak, listen, read, and write effectively.
• Adaptable, motivated, and dependable with the ability to provide excellent ethical quality service across all situations.
• Must develop good working knowledge of patient assistance programs and the pharmacy vendors.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Certified Pharmacy Technician in good standing in the State of Texas.
• Pharmacy experience in a community or outpatient setting (min. 1 year) including prescription filling, records and legal compliance, and general pharmacy operations.
• Experience with MS Suite/computer literacy and experience with pharmacy patient management software.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) required.
• Able to pass drug screening and maintain Safe Environment certification
• Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items up to 35 lbs.
• Driving an automobile may be occasionally required.
Name and Title: Carlos Irula, Pharmacist in Charge
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes