Job Opportunity Details
Respect Life Liaison
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75051 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The position of the Respect Life Liaison exists primarily to assist with carrying out the mission
of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise
faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their coworkers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and
generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Respect Life Liaison is a full-time position (40 hours per week) in the Ministries
Department of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. This position works as needed in the CPLC
main office and the rest of the work out in the field. This position reports to the Director of
Ministries. The Respect Life Liaison serves as liaison between the Catholic Pro-Life
Community (CPLC) and the respect life ministry leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TO PROMOTE THE MISSION OF THE CPLC: TO EDUCATE, UNITE, MOBILIZE CATHOLICS TO END ABORTION AND TO RESTORE, RESPECT, AND LEGAL PROTECTION FOR EVERY HUMAN LIFE FROM CONCEPTION UNTIL NATURAL DEATH BY SUPPORTING THE PARISH RESPECT LIFE MINISTRY LEAD.
• Support Respect Life Ministry Leads and help develop a respect life ministry in their parish.
• Inform Respect Life Ministry Leads on all CPLC and other pro-life activities and an event.
• Assist Respect Life Ministry Leads by providing access to speakers, materials, web links, etc., that will educate their parishioners on the sanctity of human life from conception until natural death, in particular the humanity of the unborn child, and the Church’s mission to serve all human life in caring and compassionate ways.
• Assist the Respect Life Ministry Leads in networking with other groups in the parish. (e.g., the Knights of Columbus).
• Train new Respect Life Ministry Leads as needed.
• Work with internal CPLC teams on communications, speakers, and Ministry Directors.
• Assist with coordinating and staffing presentations and exhibiting at various parishes.
• As required, provide assistance to the Development Department with annual Baby
Bank Campaigns held in parishes and parish schools.
• College Education (Preferred)
• Bilingual (Spanish/English preferred)
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong Collaboration Skills
• Acceptance of the magisterial teachings of the Catholic Church with detailed understanding of the teachings on the life issues
• Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community and the Church
• Active membership in a parish/faith community and in good standing with the Church
• Understanding of and compliance with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Public speaking skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Membership in a parish organizations a plus.
• Pro-Life experience (preferred)
All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time,
talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results
that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time as needed.
Name and Title: Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes