Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. John Nepomucene Parish - Parish
Address: 401 E. Lampasas Street, Ennis, TX 75119 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Varies: weekends and weekly rehearsal
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
Parish organist/Choir Director for weekends and weekly rehearsal
• Plans/implements all aspects of the music for the traditional Liturgical Services and other parish activities.
• Conducts the weekend Mass Choir
• Plays the weekend Masses
• Conducts rehearsals and liturgy services as designated for assigned choir(s) activities; arranges for substitute when unable to be present.
• Proficient in playing a traditional pipe organ
• Able to direct a traditional choir
• Also able to incorporate contemporary praise/Christian music into some liturgies
• Proficient in Electronic Keyboard
• Helps in training and implementing cantor program
• Knowledge of liturgical services, worship and special functions of the Roman Catholic Church, preferred
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficiency in Choir Direction and Organist
• Must be able to climb stairs
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of St. John Nepomucene Parish.
St. John Nepomucene Parish reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Rev. John J. Dick, Pastor
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes