Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Synod Events Manager
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Office of the Synod - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Contract position; Part Time, 15-20 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 3+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
This is a contract position working in-person and remote.
This person will execute the necessary pre-work for the Synod by leading preparatory phase event logistics. You are an integral part in executing the necessary events of the preparatory phase of the Dallas Synod in 2024. These events in turn contribute positively to the future of the diocese and the Catholic faith in Dallas. This position with the Diocese of Dallas Synod will allow you serve others by using your event management, administrative, organizational, and communication skills. Your organization and event planning efforts will lead to a more engaged, informed, and active faith-filled community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Collaborate with the Chair of the Synod Preparatory Commission and other diocesan staff as necessary to plan and design each synodal event
• Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the synodal process
• Keep records, database, and task assignment processing up to date
• Manage event logistics for 1-3 events per month related to the Synod preparation
• Contact event locations, vendors, caterers, and others as required
• Manage vendor contract details
• Serve as event manager on-site at events
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional digital organizational skills
• Event management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to make and receive professional phone calls
• Attention to detail
• Self-starting and friendly attitude
• Time management
Education and Experience:
• Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish) but not required
• Some college preferred
• Experience with events management of small and large scale required
• Required to travel locally on weekdays and weekends for events across the diocese
• Exceptional digital organizational skills required
• A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings preferred.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No