Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Human Resources - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Reports In-Person)
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
POSITION REPORTS IN-PERSON
General Summary of the Position
The Benefits Manager is responsible for developing and managing all benefit programs such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 403(b) plans, etc. This position will be responsible for reviewing and modifying existing programs and ensuring these comply with current legislation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Oversee the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Designs, develops and implements new benefits programs, policies, and procedures that align with the objectives and goals of the Diocese.
• Leads the annual open enrollment process.
• Oversee benefit inquiries on plan provisions, benefit enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
• Maintains the leave-of-absence process through chosen vendor: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA also through chosen vendor.
• Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
• Conducts audits and ensures payment invoices for benefit providers.
• Manages 403(b) plan and responds to inquiries relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts.
• Develops the annual benefit budget and conducts the annual benefit renewal process by evaluating and analyzing data presented by the benefits broker.
• Prepares reports and presentations as requested by the CHRO for senior management.
• Monitor trends, best practices and external competitiveness and makes recommendations to enhance the effectiveness of benefit programs and analyze benefit plans to determine cost/benefit.
• Act as an expert consultant to management in support of benefits plan designs.
• Completes benefits reporting requirements and ensures compliance with applicable government legislation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and benefits administration.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Extensive knowledge of benefits plan designs and contract language.
• Project and team management/leadership skills and experience.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to navigate various types of software. Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT, Visio, etc.
• Accounting background preferred.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum seven years of experience in managing and administering benefits programs required.
• Minimum seven year of experience with HRIS software.
• Minimum five years accounting experience.
• CEBS certification, or CPA a strong plus.
• Practicing Catholic in good standing preferred
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No