Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Office for Clergy - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Office Administrator reports to the Associate Director of Clergy and will coordinate office activities and operations while providing administrative support to the Associate Director of Clergy. This position will handle office duties such as scheduling, record keeping, preparing materials for meetings, and participating in a wide range of projects. Duties will involve confidential and sensitive matters necessitating discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Provides administrative support to the Associate Director of Clergy.
• Drafts letters, memos, and other documents as needed
• Manages daily operations of the office including but not limited to accurate record/file administration, providing software/technology support and other related office matters.
• Screens and routes incoming phone calls.
• Greets visitors and answers questions, responds to general inquiries/complaints and resolves problems within the scope of authority and responsibility.
• Coordinates appointments, meetings, and any other events for department
• Manages assigned projects by developing detailed schedules/work plans, predicting resources needed, and monitoring ongoing progress to ensure deadlines are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be able to work within established guidelines of authority
• Must be able to work autonomously
• Must be able to coordinate and execute meetings or events under the guidelines of the Associate Director of Clergy
• Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures and recordkeeping systems
• Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize tasks, and implement programs/events
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
• Proven ability to organize files, events, and other materials with a high attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
• Proficient in the use of office equipment: computers, copy/scanner/fax machines etc.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and analytic skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook, Publisher, Adobe Acrobat, Visio and ability to learn new software as needed
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in seeing projects through full life cycle
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ office administrator experience or in similar role required.
• Must be available to work 8AM to 5PM five days a week with overtime as needed; work hours may vary at times
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings
• Must be able to read, write and speak Spanish fluently
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No