Job Opportunity Details
Major Gifts Officer
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center/ Development Department - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
Major Gifts Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to Director of Development, Diocese of Dallas
General Summary of the Position
Reporting to Director of Development, the Major Gifts Officer will manage the Major Gifts process of identifying and cultivating potential major donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Major Gifts Officer will maintain a personal portfolio of donors and prospects who have the capacity to make major financial gifts of $25,000 and higher annually. The Major Gifts Officer must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six-figure range. This position will also work collaboratively with the Development department to cultivate and solicit golf sponsorships for the Bishop’s Invitational Golf Tournament, Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Catholic Ministries and participate in all activities surrounding and supporting these initiatives. The Major Gifts Officer will also work with the Director of Development to manage diocesan/parish/school feasibility studies and capital campaigns. Additionally, the Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for implementing a Diocesan-wide Planned Giving Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Manage a portfolio of primary major gift prospects.
• Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward prospective major gift donors.
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
o Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
o Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for leaders and donors
o Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation
o Keep the Bishop appraised of all activity leading to solicitation opportunities
o Make solicitations when appropriate
o Maintain stewardship contacts with donors
o Focus on retention and upgrading of donors
• Manage the preparation and process of parish feasibility studies that provide parishes appropriate information to conduct a possible capital campaign.
• Coordinate fundraising and development efforts for other Catholic organizations within the Diocese.
• Assist in the Diocesan stewardship efforts that offer parishes the ability to establish a program allowing an engaged, financially stable and spiritual community.
• Work collaboratively with pastor, principal and other parish/school staff and other diocesan offices and ministries when appropriate to support parishes with successful stewardship and capital fund-raising strategies and goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gifts donors in order to develop relationships between them and the Diocese.
• Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multi-functional areas.
• Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and a demonstrated record of completing assignment.
• A knowledge of how best to utilize/maximize/analyze prospect research.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, required
• A minimum of five to seven years of successful experience in major gift fundraising, required
• Capital Campaign experience, highly preferred
• Excellent computer skills required (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat)
• Experience with donor databases, including Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT, preferred
• Practicing Catholic in good standing, required
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - No