Job Opportunity Details
Director of Marketing and Communications
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This key leader is responsible for creating and evolving the brand and promotion of the
lifesaving activities of the Catholic Pro-Life Community. Through creative inspiration and
orchestrated, multi-channel communications, you and your team will bring our efforts to life
and reinforce the mission of saving the most vulnerable.
• Design and oversee deployment of marketing promotions, member/donor communications, and advertising placements for key events/activities including:
The Bishop’s Annual Pro-Life Dinner, Fall Golf Tournament, Christ Child Market and Luncheon, , Roe Memorial March, Advocacy Day, Respect Life Mass, Good Friday Stations of the Cross, Empty Manger events and Social Media and Email Appeals.
• Oversee design and development of all fundraising-related materials, including midyear and year-end appeals, monthly Life Partner relationship letters, special appeal letters and emailed appeals. (In conjunction with the Director of Development)
• Oversee website and social media promotions produced by the Marketing and Communications Team including the development of monthly radio show content.
• Support the development of ministry content and activity materials.
• Direct staff development, training, and motivation to evolve the capabilities of the Marketing and Communications Team.
• Review final communication content before materials are sent to the press or published including but not limited to press releases, marketing collateral, and all public relations communications.
• Establish editorial and branding policies and standards to align with company brand and company’s strategic goals.
• Develop and maintain the company's corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
• Develop and manage communications/marketing operating budgets.
• Advise Executive Director on strategic planning and budgeting, as well as preparation of Marketing and Communications activity reports and Board presentations.
• Work with Director of Development and Events on annual planning and execution.
• Represent CPLC to community leaders as well as to the radio, press and newspaper media.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
• Passion for Protection of Life. A heartfelt desire to join a community of love and dedication to the most important cause – Life. The Catholic Pro-Life Community doesn’t just do pro-life work as some hobby to be squeezed in when we have time, but as the very heart and soul of our quest for justice in this world.
• Proven Creative Skills. Extensive experience in the creation and deployment of marketing communications across web, social media, video, email, and direct mail. Experience with radio, advertising placements, and PSAs is helpful.
• Proven Communication Skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows you to express value and importance with a focus on why our efforts are essential, rather than just the fundamentals of the activity itself.
• Dedication to our Community. The willingness and ability to demonstrate the values of the CPLC by consistently and positively serving as a "face" of the CPLC to the Diocese of Dallas and the broader pro-life community.
• Teachable and Adaptable. Willing to learn and adapt your experience in marketing and communications within the context of the culture and mission of the CPLC. Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and community.
• A Proven Leader. Ability to motivate and lead staff and volunteers to achieve the desired goals. This requires a continuity of direction that begins with planning and defining key approaches, providing hands-on demonstration and knowledge transfer, and learning and optimizing based on actual performance.
• Foundational Experience. Demonstrated ability to achieve designated goals through individual contribution and team-oriented solutions. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations (or) minimum five years experience in marketing and communications creative development with marketing management experience preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Publisher, Constant Contact, Livesite and Network Solutions, Hootsuite, and Canva are very helpful.
All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters. This is manifest through active membership in a parish/faith community in good standing with the Church and compliance with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes