Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
IT Help Desk Support Technician
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - IT/ Business Office - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 3+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
This non-exempt position is responsible for user support and customer service on all Pastoral Center supported computer applications, equipment, copiers, and telephones. This will include installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining Microsoft Windows desktops, laptops, (including some Apple Mac OS products), printers, tablets, mobile devices, and telecom devices, as well as any associated peripherals, including AV equipment. This position operates under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology. This position supports 100+ users in all departments of the Pastoral Center, including both local and remote.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Provides help desk and desktop support to all users of the Pastoral Center.
• Installs new computer equipment and peripherals, including both hardware and software.
• Assists in training on use of equipment, software and internet capability.
• Serves as a resource to computer users. Researches solutions to technical issues.
• Serves as a resource for equipment malfunctions. Performs routine minor repairs on computer hardware.
• Serves as a resource for copier and printer installs as well as service needs.
• Maintains logon and passwords and other associated procedures that control accessibility to information.
• Sets-up new users with network, email, and telephone access.
• Troubleshoots hardware/software problems.
• Installs software updates as needed.
• Maintains basic knowledge of hardware and software programs used by various offices.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Microsoft Office 2019 and Office 365 products.
• Some knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.).
• Knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration.
• Proficiency in installation and use of computer and related hardware/software.
• Experience working in a structured, process-driven environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
• Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to learn and adapt to changing needs and demands – willingness to self-train and develop
Education and Experience:
• Associates Degree in related field and/or IT Certifications.
• 3+ years of experience in an information technology environment.
• 3+ years setup, configuration, troubleshooting of desktop/laptop hardware and software (Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS).
• 2 years of experience using an RMM software solution.
• 2 years of experience with a ticketing system, including knowledge base management and related configuration of the system.
• General working knowledge of tablets, mobile devices, and telecommunications equipment.
• Ability to work flexible hours with some evening and weekend work.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Must be physically able to lift 40 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No