Job Opportunity Details
Director of Development
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75051 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
This key leader is responsible for establishing, developing, and evolving relationships with
donors and grantors to generate the required funding to support the Catholic Pro-Life Community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Overseeing and managing individualized relationship and broad base fundraising portions of key events and programs (in alignment with the efforts of the Event and Communications Teams):
o The Bishop’s Annual Pro-Life Dinner (includes ticket/table sales; underwriting and sponsorships; night-of offering; raffle; and auction); Fall Golf Tournament, Christ Child Market and Luncheon,
o Life Partner recurring gift program;
o Baby Bank in-parish/school campaigns;
o Major Donor Personalized Events such as in-home wine and cheese events and relationship building gatherings.
• Proposing and coordinating new fundraising or donor-sponsored initiatives.
• Overseeing donor capacity assessment and prioritization (in accordance with profile and segmentation data provided the Database Team), establishing, developing, and evolving relationships with donors and grantors
• Identification of potential grant partners, related relationship building, definition of
grant offering, and submission of grant proposals;
• Definition of messaging and review of phone, email, and mail appeals. Including
messaging for all fundraising-related correspondence, including mid-year and yearend appeals, weekly acknowledgement letters (updated quarterly), monthly Life Partner letter, special appeal letters and emailed appeals.
• Overseeing and approving quarterly donor database reconciliation with financial accounting.
• Advising Executive Director on strategic planning for strengthened donor relations and a long-term, diverse funding plan.
• Working with Director of Communications and Events on annual planning and execution.
• Representing CPLC to community leaders and at community events.
• Passion for Protection of Life. A heartfelt desire to join a community of love and
dedication to the most important cause – Life. The Catholic Pro-Life Community
doesn’t just do pro-life work as some hobby to be squeezed in when we have time, but
as the very heart and soul of our quest for justice in this world.
• Natural Relationship Skills. An ability to make a good first impression through a
positive combination of professionalism, trustworthiness, and an honest appreciation
for other people. A pleasant demeanor and kind appearance. Handling interpersonal
relationships with discernment and empathy.
• Proven Communication Skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
that allows you to be goal-oriented without being aggressive. This includes the ability
to communicate through individualized personalization beyond traditional broad-based mailings and social media campaigns. A high level of proficiency in standard
Microsoft Office, Email, and Social Media tools is needed to facilitate these
• Dedication to our Community.
The willingness and ability to demonstrate the values
of the CPLC by consistently and positively serving as a "face" of the CPLC to the
Diocese of Dallas and the broader pro-life community. Acceptance of the teachings of
the Church, especially the teachings on life issues. Active membership in a
parish/faith community in good standing with the Church. Compliance with all Safe
Environment requirements of the Diocese of Dallas and the CPLC.
• Teachable and Adaptable.
Willing to learn and adapt your experience in relationship based fundraising within the context of the culture and mission of the CPLC. Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and community
• A Proven Leader.
Ability to motivate and lead staff and volunteers to achieve the
desired goals. This requires a continuity of direction that begins with planning and
defining key approaches, providing hands-on demonstration and knowledge transfer,
and learning and optimizing based on actual performance.
• Foundational Experience.
Demonstrated ability to achieve designated goals through
individual contribution and team-oriented solutions.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations (or)
minimum five years’ experience in non-profit development preferred.
All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time,
talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results
that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time as needed.
Name and Title: Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes