Job Opportunity Details
Director of Faith Formation
Hiring Location: St. Joseph Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 600 S. Jupiter Rd., Richardson, TX 75081 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: generally 9:00-5:30, including Wednesday PM and Sunday
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Masters Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position:
Under the direction of the Pastor, the Director of Faith Formation is responsible for the oversight of comprehensive faith formation within the parish. This includes both the catechesis and sacramental preparation from pre-school through adulthood. This position supports the parish spiritual and pastoral mission, fosters communication, and works collaboratively with all parish and diocesan employees.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serves as a member of the parish staff and senior leadership team. Participates in decision-making regarding parish direction and activities. Attends all staff meetings, faith formation team meetings, prayer days, and educational days.
· Articulates a vision for parish faith formation and develops goals, objectives, and strategies for comprehensive ministry efforts and religious education programs.
· Ensures a united management and formation process through the different Faith Formation departments based on the foci agreed upon with Pastor.
· Leads the Faith Formation team with regular meetings, encourages collaboration among departments, provides Faith Formation directors with leadership development and promotes ongoing spiritual growth.
· Helps directors to obtain resources (audio/visual, textbooks and liturgy materials) that complement the faith formation efforts in the parish.
· Supports the ongoing formation of all volunteers, catechists, and faith formation leaders.
· Oversees regular evaluations of the effectiveness of faith formation efforts and curriculum.
· Provides spiritual and leadership activities for the parish staff to help unite them and help them grow in the life of Christ, including coordinating Advent and Lent Retreats as well as assisting with staff development planning.
· Supervises and evaluates the ministry effectiveness of direct reports:
o Director of Children’s Ministry
o Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry
o Director of Adult Faith Formation
o Director of Family & Adult Ministry
o Director of Discipleship & Engagement
· Supervises and evaluates office support personnel within the Faith Formation department.
· Responsible for other duties, as assigned.
Administration and Communication
• Manages the Faith Formation portion of the parish budget and assists accounting services with financial breakdown of ACTIVE deposits.
• Conducts program evaluations and parish-wide assessments to determine the effectiveness of formation programs and strategizes to refine efforts.
• Responsible for the approval of formation department events as well as their ministry liaison events in ChMS scheduling system.
• Maintain adequate communication with parish staff to promote awareness, understanding, and support of faith formation opportunities within the parish.
• Participate in diocesan in-service events and support gatherings for catechetical leaders.
• Actively seek opportunities for personal spiritual growth.
• Develop professional skills through educational opportunities as needed and available.
• Active member of the Catholic Church
• MA in Theological Studies/Pastoral Ministry or related field
• Demonstrated competence in theology, catechetics and pastoral ministry
• 5+ years of experience working within a parish formation department
• Managerial/supervisory experience
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
• Administrative and organizational skills
• Self-starter with initiative
• Able to work collaboratively
• Able to work weekends and evenings as needed
• Commitment to personal spiritual growth
• Commitment to professional growth
Name and Title: Brian Muth, Director of Business Operations
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes