Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Faith Formation Leader
Hiring Location: Holy Family - Parish
Address: 919 Spence Road, Van Alstyne, TX 75495 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Part Time Days/Hours Will Vary
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
* Be present during all Faith Formation activities.
* Work with the pastor to select the program of instruction appropriate for each grade level
* Provide a budgetary estimate of income and expenses to the finance council for inclusion in the parish budget each year in May for the upcoming fiscal year.
* Staff the program with teachers, aids, and other needed volunteers by recruiting from the parish membership.
* Create a “Calendar of Events” for the program to include dates of all classes, parents’ meetings, sacraments, and other functions by collaborating with the pastor, parish leadership, office manager, and occasionally the Diocese.
* Ensure all scheduled faith formation events are listed on the office calendar and that they do not conflict with other parish activities. Bring conflicts to the attention of the responsible person and resolve them.
* Maintain attendance records and ensure records of all students reflect the sacraments they received.
* Work with the pastor to establish a tuition schedule that supports the overall cost of the program.
* Define program registration dates, conduct registration of students, and take tuition payments observing cash handling procedures defined by the office manager and accountants.
* Define and communicate to parents the prerequisite documentation required for enrollment and the reception of sacraments.
* Ensure Safe Environment Standards are met.
* Attend Diocesan training sessions as appropriately as possible.
2 years of experience working in a Catholic parish Faith Formation department
Experience working in youth ministry, family ministry.
Knowledge of faith formation Curriculum and sacrament preparation.
Bachelors degree in related field, preferred
Proficient with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook
Ability to learn Camino software that is used for record-keeping
Ability to learn and use Flocknote to communicate with parents
Knowledge of basic office systems; computers, printers, scanners
Ability to handle confidential/private data
Interpersonal skills to deal with teachers, students, and parents and with pastor and parish leadership.
Ability to work independently without immediate supervision
Ability to determine a budget for the program based on the cost of materials and activities planned.
Bilingual ability will be a definite asset.
Approved - Yes