Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Digital Graphic Designer
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Communications - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Digital Graphic Designer is committed to advancing the mission of the Church; making known the good works happening in the Diocese and promoting the services and programs it provides in all areas throughout the Diocese. The Digital Graphic Designer, under the Direction of the Sr. Director of Ministries, will be responsible for creating and managing content for the digital presence of the Diocese of Dallas through the social media channels and official websites for the diocese. Content creation and management for diocesan social media channels and websites, including graphic design and copy, will be an essential part of daily duties. The Digital Graphic Designer will be responsible for communications tasks such as assisting with strategies for social media campaigns, Flocknote correspondence, and other special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Coordinates web and social media content and campaign initiatives using a social media and website content calendar with an emphasis on cross-promotion.
• Coordinates social media community management: regularly listens, monitors, and responds/moderates as appropriate to discussions on official diocese social media channels on multiple platforms.
• Assists with social media efforts during a crisis.
• Guides visual storytelling efforts and coaches other diocesan staff on best practices for multimedia content.
• Compiles social networking analytics into reports for management and use to help form social media strategy as needed.
• Creates pages and completion of special projects on WordPress websites in close collaboration with the Digital Communications Manager.
• Generates and curates original, high-quality content and graphics for WordPress websites with direction from the Digital Communication Manager, Senior Director of Ministries, and other department directors. Proofs content before posting to ensure accuracy, consistent tone, style, and organization.
• Creates digital materials for departmental campaigns and events (posters, invitations, and other graphic design work).
• Regularly updates dynamic content on the diocesan website such as parish directory information, clergy assignment changes, Consultative Bodies updates, and the Current News articles.
• Works with other Communications team staff to share photos, videos, livestreams and other social media content at major events at Cathedral Guadalupe and the parishes.
• Assists to create, test and distribute Flocknote emails and texts as requested by the Office of the Bishop and Senior Staff.
• Performs other duties and coordinates special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing, required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish, preferred.
• Responsible for content creation and the community management experience on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Strong knowledge of trends and best practices in social media and digital engagement in order to communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
• Competent in color scheming, typography, and other elements of graphic design.
• Ability to compile reports on social media activity to show engagement, views, and strategy success.
• Ability to use Adobe CC programs and online resources (Canva, etc.) to produce and edit multimedia content for websites and social media.
• Updating and maintaining WordPress websites, including formatting page content, installing plugins, and using HTML and CSS to make simple modifications to themes, child themes, and plugins. Familiarity with WordPress visual designers such as WPBakery and Elementor helpful.
• Understanding of copyright basics, including Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Fair Use, and online etiquette for curated content.
• Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to work on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Web Design, Digital Media, Web Development or equivalent.
• Knowledge of Adobe CC programs for use in graphic design, specifically Photoshop and Acrobat required. Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and InDesign experience are also very helpful.
• Content calendar experience and social media campaign development are required.
• Experience with creating, curating, and sharing multiple types of content for online consumption (images, graphics, copy, simple videos) in the style and size appropriate for the website or social media channel, as well as creating and evaluating social media campaigns.
• A minimum of three years’ experience with basic WordPress site management, including post/page creation, plugin installation, and security updates.
• Must be proficient with MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center. The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No