Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Director of Development
Hiring Location: St. Philip & St. Augustine Catholic Academy - Catholic School
Address: 8151 Military Pkwy, Dallas, TX 75227 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Do you love making a difference in the lives of child’s education? We have an exciting new Development Director opportunity with St. Philip & St. Augustine Catholic Academy in the Pleasant Grove neighborhood of Dallas. This school is a beacon for the children in the community that puts them on a path for secondary and post-secondary education. This is a great opportunity that will allow you to build and run a development office from the ground up.
General Summary of the Position
The Director of Development will be responsible for developing a sustainable development mission, formulating and carrying out both long-term and short-team strategies and programs supporting the advancement of a principle-based Catholic education for the children in the Southeast Dallas community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
What you will do:
• Design a donor engagement program which builds and fosters relationships, generates creative solutions, and furthers SPSA's long-term financial position.
• Build and implement sustainable annual giving programs through innovation and creative marketing programs.
• Formulate a brand and use various platforms to reach new donors.
• Research new funding opportunities
• Develop a plan to use alumni and internal team members to grow continuous giving.
• Assess current business processes and development tools to ensure the best use of processes and technologies for maximum return on investment.
• Educate prospects on SPSA mission, its advancement strategies, and its impact on the community in which the school serves.
• A successful candidate is someone who has a clear vision on how to implement a comprehensive development program and has experience in leading successful campaigns to support the next phase of growth.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A self-starter who loves to create from scratch
• Superb written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Organized and inspiring team leader
• Mission driven
• Positive attitude
• Servant leader mentality
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree preferred, degree may be substituted for demonstrated career-long proven work experience
• 5 years of experience developing, and implementing successful and sustainable development programs
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
• Practicing Catholic, preferred
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job: N/A
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the employer.
Employer reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No