Job Opportunity Details
Middle School Youth Ministry Coordinator
Hiring Location: St. Gabriel Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 110 St. Gabriel Way, McKinney, TX 75071 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Varies by season and program calendar
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Pursuing our bold calling to make missionary disciples:
Situated in the growing suburb of McKinney, Texas, we have seen exponential growth in a short 26-year history (4000+ plus families). Our foundational roots built a culture of welcome, excellence, and stewardship that has nurtured the growth of many families who have harkened our door. However, as the decline of Christianity ramps in our post-modern world and the human longing for life’s deeper questions go unanswered, we feel compelled to respond boldly to our calling to make missionary disciples. We seek to radically build on our welcoming parish and strong youth ministry culture and more deliberately invite and lead people to a personal encounter with Jesus, the response to follow Him, and the intentional practices of discipleship.
Looking for an awesome opportunity to be part of something big? Join our dynamic (and fun) staff as a Middle School Youth Ministry Coordinator and be at the forefront of shaping the faith journeys of the next generation. We seek a joyous and passionate individual rooted in Catholic teachings and values, who understands today's youth's unique challenges and opportunities. This position reports to the Director of Youth Ministry and is part of a three-person youth ministry team. The role collaborates with the Director of Youth Ministry and other staff - as well as families, volunteers, and clergy - in a shared mission to nurture youth and their parents to be missionary disciples of Jesus in our Catholic tradition. The team role includes but is not limited to, the following: Coordinating the 6th and 7th grade Middle School Youth Night and other comprehensive ministry events (retreats, etc.), 8th-grade events as deemed strategically important to a healthy transition from 7th-grade to 8th-grade, and other sacramental touch points for youth in grades 6-8.
Intended Outcomes from This Role:
• Youth will be invited to be open to participate in the discipleship journey in our Catholic tradition and encouraged to be strengthened on that journey through the sacraments.
• Youth will Belong to and engage in a Christian community and build meaningful relationships with peers and trusted adults to Encounter and experience the powerful love of Jesus.
• Youth will come to or be set on a path to Believe in the wisdom and practices of following Jesus and want to continually Grow in a relationship with God in the tradition and community of a Catholic parish.
• Youth will be nurtured to Become intentional missionary disciples of Christ and seek to Go serve those in need and want to invite others to experience the hope of Jesus in their communities and families.
• Families will be pastorally ministered to, empowered, and supported so that they can encourage their youth to live out their Catholic faith as disciples of Christ.
• The youth ministry team will be supported in each other’s ministry efforts.
• Collaborating with the Director of Youth Ministry and other youth ministry staff, create and implement measurable, specific, and attainable program goals to fulfill and enhance the youth ministry and parish vision.
• Coordinate the 6th & 7th grade youth nights. Recruit, train, and empower a team of adult volunteers to create and present engaging youth nights utilizing their personal gifts and talents. (Current resource = Lifeteen’s Edge)
• Ensure we follow a systematic, intentional curriculum that integrates age-appropriate kerygmatic catechesis and disciple-making event experiences across middle school comprehensive ministry programming (youth nights, retreats, socials, service projects, etc.).
• Develop and coordinate special sacramental preparation sessions for the youth in grades 6-12 seeking their first holy communion and first reconciliation, as well as preparing youth in the 6th-8th grades for baptism. Assist with Confirmation Preparation as needed.
• Assist in the planning and organization of Camp Fusion, our combined middle and high school summer camp.
• Collaborate with the youth ministry team to create effective marketing strategies to drive youth and their families to Mass, parish events, and youth programs; communicate through email, web, bulletin, flyers, social media, and other relevant methods.
• Through relational ministry, be an authentic witness of Jesus and consistently invite youth and families deeper into the joyful journey of discipleship (inside and outside of youth nights).
• Assist with answering youth and families’ questions on ministry programs, sacraments, and registrations, as well as Catholic parenting questions that come in by email, phone, or in-person visits.
• Collaborate with other parish staff in administration to ensure registration, attendance, and sacrament records are managed and recorded properly and we follow safe environment and operational policies.
• Support the Director of Youth Ministry in the creation and team management of yearly ministry budgets.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• Genuine and a personally lived excitement for being a Catholic follower of Jesus; called to be a witness to invite others also to be disciples of Christ
• Practical knowledge of the Catholic faith, adolescent development, and youth culture; have the ability to use language that communicates the beauty and truth of the faith that resonates with the young church of today
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; (written) experience with effectively communicating a message through graphic-driven emails, newsletters, and print flyers and (verbal) presentation and public speaking skills
• Effectiveness in presenting and using adult learning techniques to form volunteers and parents
• Passion for working with young people and seeing them grow; Pastoral, relatable, and sympathetic of various backgrounds and stages of faith; able to care, connect, motivate, and support both adults and youth
• Detail-oriented and well-organized
• Possess a creative approach to ministry efforts
• Project and event management skills; able to delegate tasks, manage schedules, and oversee logistics
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to serve the parish and other staff when needed
• Enjoys collaboration and thrives in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings based on programming
• Proficiency in Microsoft software products for collaboration and communication and ability to quickly learn and utilize technology and software
• Cross-cultural competency; Spanish speaking is a plus
Required Education and Experience:
• Prefer college degree or post-secondary courses
• Entry-level position, but previous youth ministry and/or parish experience a plus
Middle School Youth Ministry Coordinator Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: HR
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes