Job Opportunity Details
Intern, Catholic Campaign for Human Development
Hiring Location: Catholic Social Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: 15 hours per week
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
The intern is responsible for promoting Catholic Social Teaching to all people living in the Diocese of Dallas. The intern will be a key part in promoting CCHD’s mission and the annual collection via social media, speaking at parishes and special events, working with CCHD funded groups, and through collaboration with other diocesan departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Internship
• Create a plan of action, with guidance from the supervisor, that has clear purpose, objectives and a timeline to achieve the goals of the internship.
• Build relationships with community and economic development organizations funded by CCHD, project monitoring and evaluation of grants.
• Attend meetings to learn about the poverty situation in North Texas.
• Promote the local grant applications and assist in site visits.
• Promote the annual CCHD collection in parishes.
• Promote parish education and training in Catholic Social Teaching and outreach projects.
• Oversee the Multi-Media Youth Contest in collaboration with the Offices of Cultural Diversity; Communications; Evangelization, Catechesis, and Family Life; and Catholic Schools to continue to encourage students to learn about Catholic Social Teaching.
• Update regularly the diocesan CCHD web page with information about the work of CCHD, the diocesan collection, and Catholic Social Teaching.
• Provide content to Office of Communications to promote awareness of poverty through social media.
• Write letters and articles.
• Submit a written evaluation and a reflection paper upon completion of the internship.
• Throughout the semester the intern will be tasked with deepening understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and open dialogue regarding this topic with a variety of people.
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A practicing Catholic in good standing with interest and zeal to address the root causes of poverty in the Dallas area
• Great interpersonal skills and a learner mindset
• Working ability in basic computer, Microsoft applications (Publisher, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and social media use with promotional material design a plus
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and to follow a plan of action through to completion
• Strong written and oral communication, and organization skills
Education and Experience:
• Presently in college or have completed a degree
• Previous mission work, social work or neighborhood coalitions, shelters, etc. a plus
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) speaking and writing a plus
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Indicate N/A
Name and Title: Erika Ortiz
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes