Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Synod Volunteer Manager
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center- Office of the Synod - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Contract position; Part Time, 15-20 hours/week
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
This is a contract position working in-person and remote. This position executes the necessary pre-work for the Synod by leading the volunteer management efforts for the Synodal process. You are an integral part in executing the necessary events of the preparatory phase of the Dallas Synod in 2024. The proper recruitment, training, placement, and retention of volunteers will dictate the overall success of the effort. This will in turn contribute positively to the future of the diocese and the Catholic faith in Dallas. This position with the Diocese of Dallas Synod will allow you serve others by using your people management, administrative, training and development, organizational, and communication skills. Your efforts will lead to a more engaged, informed, and active faith-filled community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Collaborate with the Chair of the Synod Preparatory Commission and other diocesan staff as necessary to recruit and train volunteers for each synodal event
• Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the synodal process
• Keep records, database, and task assignment processing up to date
• Manage volunteer logistics for 1-3 events and preparatory activities per month related to the Synod preparation
• Manage volunteer recruitment, training, placement, and retention
• Recruit and place lead volunteers to assist you in these efforts
• Arrange for all trainings to take place in advance to eliminate day-of confusion for all
• Ensure an on-site volunteer manager is present at each events
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional digital organizational skills
• Volunteer management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to make and receive professional phone calls
• Attention to detail
• Self-starting and friendly attitude
• Time management
Education and Experience:
• Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish) but not required
• Some college preferred
• Experience with volunteer management including recruitment, placement, training, and retention required
• Required to travel locally on weekdays and weekends for events across the diocese.
• Exceptional digital organizational skills required
• A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings preferred.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No