Job Opportunity Details
Campus Minister for Service, Liturgy, & Women’s Outreach
Hiring Location: Catholic Campus Ministry at SMU - Parish
Address: 3057 University Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75205 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Sundays-Thursdays: 35-40 hours/week between 9 AM-10 PM (occasional evening events).
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
Catholic Campus Ministry at Southern Methodist University, a ministry of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas, seeks a full-time campus minister whose primary responsibilities are to drive service opportunities, liturgy planning, and women’s outreach through the visioning, planning, & execution of initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Formation of Servant Leaders:
• Fosters an atmosphere of welcome and openness so that every student we encounter knows he or she is loved by God and our community
• Accompanies assigned member(s) of the Servant Leadership Council (SLC) throughout the year in an intentional relationship in order to form them as servant leaders of our community
• Creates a plan of formation with each assigned SLC Chair member and meets with them monthly to set goals and evaluate progress
• Attends monthly SLC meetings, and the beginning- and end-of-year Leadership Summits, empowering students in their facilitation of these meetings as applicable
• Continues one’s own process of formation as a servant leader through the creation and execution of a personal formation plan in collaboration with Director/Chaplain
• Empowers, forms, and supervises the Service Chair on SLC in order to coordinate and execute service initiatives and opportunities.
• Collaborates with Director/Chaplain to craft the vision for Christian service as lived out through Catholic Campus Ministry at SMU and the activities and mission opportunity that flow from it.
• Coordinates other service & social justice initiatives as requested.
• Creates annual liturgy schedule with Director/Chaplain & reserves Perkins Chapel for liturgies
• Sets agenda and leads weekly liturgy planning meeting with Director/Chaplain, Campus Ministers, & SLC Liturgy Chairs
• Sends weekly liturgy notes to staff, priests, musicians, and sacristans.
• Assists with planning for and execution of liturgical feasts and seasons.
• Assists with creation and production of worship aids for Christmas and Holy Week.
• Serves as staff liaison to the 9am EMHC and Lector Coordinator.
• Serves as staff point of contact for baptisms; collaborates with Christ the King on sacramental records and certificates.
• Ensures proper recording of RCIA sacraments at Christ the King
• Oversees the purchase and stocking of liturgical supplies
• Records Mass intentions and celebrants and prepares Mass stipends
• Forms and empowers the SLC “Women’s Outreach” Chair to evangelize and reach out to women the ministry currently is not engaging
• Forms and empowers the SLC “Women’s Outreach” Chair to deepen relationships with women who are already active in the ministry
First Year Student Homes (FYSH):
• Coordinates the supervision and training of FYSH Leaders
• Oversees the review and updating of FYSH curriculum as needed
• Collaborates with FYSH Leaders and other SLC members on the invitation and integration of first year students into the larger CCM-SMU community
• Involved in SMU Orientations and A Night at the Club
• Attends and engages students at Sunday Masses, Sunday Supper, and key ministry-wide events.
• Participates in regular staff meetings.
• Supports the work of development, communication, and administration for the ministry.
• Manages budget and stewards financial and physical resources responsibly.
• Attends & participates in monthly campus minister meetings held by SMU Chaplain’s Office
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
• Sound knowledge and practice of evangelization, catechesis, doctrine, liturgy & sacraments, moral life, and prayer in keeping with the Catechism of the Catholic Church
• Proven ability to relate to young adults
• Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality
• Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
• Event planning and execution skills
• Technology/Social Media savvy
• Ability to lead a team with staff, volunteers, & others and empower its members
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Theology/Religious Education from a Catholic institution of higher learning (Master’s Degree in Theology/Religious Education from a Catholic institution of higher learning preferred).
• One to three years’ experience in young adult or campus ministry preferred
• Event planning experience preferred
Special Requirements & Expectations:
• Ability to work non-standard hours which will include weekends and some holidays
Name and Title: Fr. Wade Bass - Director and Chaplain of Catholic Campus Ministry at SMU
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes