Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Non Parish-Based Organization - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 3826 Gilbert Avenue, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
About St. Vincent de Paul:
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a predominately volunteer organization that offers direct aid to those in need across nine counties in North Texas. Through personal, compassionate interaction, the Society’s members provide short-term financial, material and emotional support to our neighbors in crisis. In addition, broader Society programs and services help families address the underlying root causes of their basic unmet needs. Things like access to free prescription medication for those without insurance, or support in escaping predatory debt empower neighbors to build a life free from poverty.
Our ideal candidate has accounting/operations experience in small to mid-sized organizations and is someone who is looking for a position with a non-profit organization that makes a real difference in the lives of people in need.
The Operations Leader will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day accounting, HR and office processes supporting the administration of programs and services for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul of North Texas. In addition, this position is responsible for general office duties including supplies and equipment management. Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process accounts payable/receivable, utilizing web-based technologies: Simple Bill Tracking Salesforce, online banking, and QuickBooks.
• Process semi-monthly payroll and absence management.
• Process incoming mail/intakes.
• Handle month end closing processes, monthly reporting and annual audits.
• Document, monitor and update accounting policies.
• Monitor annual goals and forecasts plan to budget; generates and reviews quarterly and annual budgets for all departments and programs; assists with overall budgeting process.
• Manage Food Pantry Funds program, EFSP Grants program and other non-program grants.
• Responsible for Human Resources filing management, onboarding / offboarding, benefits coordination and Safeguarding policy adherence.
• Maintain and upkeep office equipment, furniture and facilities; oversee supply and equipment inventory and place orders, as needed.
• Serve as liaison between office staff and IT Support team to maintain workplace productivity; report equipment or software issues, manage IT projects and/or vendor projects as assigned.
• Provide ad hoc reports upon request (from Quickbooks and SalesForce).
• Source and manage Operations interns.
• Organize shared folder documentation in Dropbox for Council
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough working knowledge of accounting principles, procedures, and legislation
• Hands-on experience with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions, minimum of 3 years
• Experience with cash management, minimum of 2 years
• Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and time management skills.
• Proficient data entry skills.
• Outstanding organizational and record-keeping skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Self-motivated and team-spirited.
• Demonstrable strong computer skills in MS Office (particularly with Excel, MS Access a plus); with Accounting Systems (QuickBooks preferred) and CRM experience (Salesforce preferred) and document maintenance (Dropbox preferred)
• Proficient in creating reports for management and program use and accessing information needed for ad hoc inquiries or reports.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2-3 years of related experience.
• Experience working with and knowledge of non-profit and social service organizations preferred.
• Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds in a faith-based setting.
Name and Title: Joanne Baird, Sr. Director of Operations
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes