Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd. Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 25-30 Hours a Week, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The part-time position (approx. 25-30 hrs/wk) of the Database Specialist exists primarily to assist with
carrying out the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community (CPLC). All employees and volunteers of
the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those
of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and
generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Specialist serves as primary manager
and data entry person of CPLC’s donor database software. Conducts data entry and produces
standard and special reports and queries. Suggests and executes approved policies and
procedures relative to the database and addresses problems related to database software. Works
in a team environment with Gift Processor, part-time Development Assistant, and volunteers.
Maintains and secures hard- and soft-copy files relating to all deposit reports. Ensures that needs
of donors, development staff and other CPLC staff are serviced in a timely and professional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs constituent data entry, which can be complex. Attention to detail is essential.
• Will oversee potential transition from Raisers Edge software to new database platform –
to be completed by December 1, 2022
• Provides general training to all personnel on appropriate database usage and updates,
either directly or through Database Specialist position
• Oversees and maintains database software updates for all personnel, on desktop and
mobile versions, in conjunction with IT personnel as assigned by Director of Operations
• Updates constituent records with Actions, Mailings, Notes, etc for an accurate and
complete picture of constituent contact
• Enters contributions into database software from all sources: website, cash, checks,
automatic transfers and gifts-in-kind. Completes adjustments, write-offs and
• Troubleshoots donation and payment issues.
• Creates and runs queries, processes reports as needed, and analyzes data for accuracy.
• Maintains payments, pledges, and donor constituent data within database software.
• Updates volunteer and partner data within database software to accurately reflect
participation and partnerships between ministries and other organizations
• Provides accurate data for mail-merge and slip reports for the monthly mailing to
ongoing donors. Provides data for semi-annual newsletter and other mailings as
• Provides reports for monthly reconciliation with the Accounting Department.
• Produces annual statements for donors.
• Coordinates and works closely with the Director of Development on donor information
• Coordinates after-event processing for staff/volunteers.
• Creates/prints/mails acknowledgement letters as needed for gifts and events.
• Serves as primary interface with the database software provider.
• Relates to donors and CPLC staff in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
▪ Associate’s Degree or equivalent in computer-related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
▪ Minimum of 18 months in database experience for a non-profit organization
▪ Proficiency in data entry and management (prior Raiser’s Edge software experience
▪ Knowledge of and experience in mapping data
▪ High level of clerical skill both in speed and accuracy
▪ Excellent analytical, organizational, and trouble-shooting skills
▪ High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
▪ Proficient in all Microsoft Office software, including Word and Outlook
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community and the
▪ Understanding of and compliance with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program
▪ Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines in a timely, accurate manner
▪ Ability to communicate with customers at all levels
▪ Ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
▪ Ability to function independently and as part of a team
▪ Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being
performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All representatives of the Catholic Pro-Life
Community may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time as needed.
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes