Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Prince of Peace Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 5100 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX 75093 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
PRINCE OF PEACE CATHOLIC SCHOOL PLANO, TX
PRESIDENT’S JOB DESCRIPTION
The President is the executive leader and visionary of the school, directly responsible to the Pastor and reports to the Superintendent. This responsibility demands a close working relationship with the Principal, the faculty, staff and students, as well as parents and the community at large. The President is assisted in this task by the overall Administrative and Advancement Teams.
The President is a facilitator of the community of faith and bears the responsibility for the integration of faith and culture within Prince of Peace Catholic School. The President has the primary responsibility for achieving the mission of Prince of Peace Catholic School by maintaining and developing a school strong in donor engagement, religious and moral formation, academic excellence, athletics, and the arts, all while remaining accessible to those seeking a Catholic education.
● Master’s degree
● Passionate about Catholic Schools and adept at explaining the benefits of a Catholic education
● Is a Catholic in good standing and is willing to be an active member of Prince of Peace Parish
● Strategic planning experience and execution capabilities
● Excellent leadership and management skills with a track record of building and maintaining strong teams
● Creative and flexible – a problem solver
● Excellent communication and hospitality skills with the ability to be collegial with a wide variety of constituents
● Shows exceptional professionalism in terms of presentation across written, spoken and in-person interactions
● Proven fundraising and/or revenue generating success
● Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends
A. Mission and Catholic Identity
● Ensures that the Catholic character of the school is developed and nurtured.
● Oversees hiring of faculty and staff whose values are compatible with the mission of the school.
● Provides input into periodic review of the mission and vision of the school
● Helps faculty and staff integrate the school’s mission in academic affairs, student affairs, and campus ministry affairs
● Attends weekly Mass and contributes as needed to the spiritual formation of community
● Maintains a strong partnership with Prince of Peace parish
● Integrates the school’s Virtue Based Restorative Discipline (VBRD) initiative into all interactions with students, teachers and parents when resolving conflict
B. Governance and Leadership
● Leading member of the school’s Administrative and Advancement Teams
● Conducts consistent meetings with Principal, Director of Advancement and Engagement, and Business Manager.
● Ensures there is a professional development plan in place for all team members.
● On a monthly basis, attends the School Advisory Council Meeting to report on internal school matters that have emerged
● Active member of the SAC Finance Committee
● Endeavors to create and maintain an environment within the school that fosters strong morale
● Ensures there is sound communication of strategic, short-range and long-range plans to the school community
C. Academic Excellence
● Ensures compliance with Texas Catholic Conference of Bishops Education Department (TCCBED) and diocesan policy where applicable in the operational and governance standards of Prince of Peace Catholic School
● Oversees the reporting of student academic progress
● Partners with Principal to work to ensure all students are reaching their God-given potential
● Ensures the quality of the teaching-learning process in cooperation with the Principal
● Conducts informal and formal observations for Principal, Director of Advancement and Engagement, and Business Manager.
D. Operational Vitality
● Oversees the development of a feasible three to five-year financial plan that includes both current and projected budgets in collaboration with Business Manager and taking into consideration the advice of the SAC Finance Committee.
● Ensures school operates in accordance with published human resource/personnel policies developed in compliance with diocesan policies and provide clarity for responsibilities, expectations and accountability.
● Collaborates with the Pastor and Principal while making the final decision regarding staff or student suspensions and dismissals
● Develops and maintains a facilities, equipment, and technology management plan designed to continuously support the implementation of the educational mission of the school.
● Ensures school operates in accordance with Standard Response Protocol safety measures designed to keep students and staff safe from internal and external threats.
● Identifies, cultivates and solicits current and potential donors and sponsors – such as corporations and foundations, current parents, alumni parents - for all major capital endeavors
● Identifies, cultivates and secures legacy giving donors through wills, life insurance, trusts and retirement plan designations for a school Endowment program.
● Ensures that the annual fund campaign and other fundraisers are implemented appropriately
● Creates a strategic fundraising plan in collaboration with the Director of Advancement and Engagement
● Serves as chief spokesperson for POP Catholic School
● Contacts various local organizations (universities, high schools, business, etc.) in order to develop long lasting and beneficial partnerships
● Attends appropriate meetings and functions related to institutional advancement and public relations as well as all major school community and parish events
Name and Title: Karen A. Drawz, Search Consultant
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes