Job Opportunity Details
Faith Formation Assistant
Hiring Location: St. Edward Parish - Parish
Address: 4014 Simpson St., Dallas, TX 75214 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Sat. & Sun. Vary)
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Yes
• Supports maintenance of database records for faith formation students.
• Develops and presents programs for faith formation of catechist and other ministers, in accordance with diocesan policies.
• Coordinate/Handle the preparation of guides and material for parent education classes
• Communicates with participants, parents and the parish at large to keep them informed of Religious Education efforts.
• Attends catechist workshops and training.
• Other duties as assigned by the Faith Formation Coordinator.
• Obtains resources (audio/visual textbooks and liturgy materials) that compliments the RE efforts in the parish.
• Maintains religious education and RCIA program records (registration fees and attendance records).
• Coordinates with the safe environment leader of the parish to ensure catechist training is up to date.
• Responsible for other duties, as assigned.
• Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium and in good standing with the Catholic Church
• Three of more years of classroom experience
• Three or more years of experience in curriculum development and parish catechesis.
• Intermediate to advanced expertise in Word, Excel, Outlook and other parish database tools as required.
• Successful completion of the Diocesan Safe Environment Process
• Must have flexible schedule based on Parish needs
• Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Name and Title: Martha DeLeon
How to submit resume: Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes