Job Opportunity Details
Evangelization Jr High Minister and Support
Hiring Location: All Saints Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 5231 Meadowcreek Drive, Dallas, TX 75248 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Various Hours
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The primary role of the Junior High Minister and Evangelization support staff member will work to foster the personal and spiritual growth of All Saints Youth (6th to 8th grade) and their families, drawing them into full and active participation in the Church's life, mission, and work. The lay minister will collaborate with the Evangelization department in the Family Formation program and youth evangelization team, maintaining a working relationship with all staff members with accountable to the community of All Saints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Lead Weekly Junior High Events e.g., Bible Study and IMPACT.
• Plan, implement, and facilitate Family and Junior High fellowship, formation, and service events.
• Work in collaboration with the Coordinator of High School and Young Adult Evangelization.
• Work with the Evangelization department to support the Family Formation program.
• Support the monthly Children’s ministry programs.
• Work with the Director of Evangelization and the Sacramental Coordinator to provide ministry opportunities to students and their families in preparation for Confirmation, especially with retreats.
• Recruit, train, form, and support Adult Mentors and Core Members for Junior High Evangelization programs. All adults must be cleared through Safe Environment.
• Develop leadership in Young People by mentoring and supporting them in parish community roles.
• Plan annual retreats and other significant youth ministry events and training as needed.
• Communicate with parish and school staff about families and youth participating as volunteers for parish events.
• Publicize events through various marketing and media, such as print, website, social media, etc.
• Work as part of the Leadership for monthly Family ministry programs.
• Weekly attendance at ASCS for apologetics, guidance, or Confirmation prep
• Collaborate with Diocesan staff on multi-parish events.
• Other projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Candidates must be passionate about positively impacting the lives of youth, young adults, and families.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Working ability in basic computer, Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and social media use with marketing and promotional material design a plus.
• Ability to work collaboratively others with little supervision and set priorities.
• Strong verbal, written, record-keeping, budget management, and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or Certificate in Youth Ministry.
• Preferred candidates have a minimum of 3 years working directly with middle school, high school youth, young adults, or families.
• Preferred active member, in good standing, of the Roman Catholic Church and live with personal and professional integrity.
• Must have the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Certification.
NOTE: Position descriptions may be revised from time to time as required to serve the evolving needs of the parish. Employees are required to adjust to changes, additions, and deletions to their position descriptions as soon as possible following the revision date.
Name and Title: Paul Bianchi - Evangelization Director
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes