Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: St. Martin of Tours Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 9470 Co Rd 213, Forney, TX 75126 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
Essential Functions of the Business Manager
The Business Manager is a leadership role in support of the pastor's responsibilities to the parish. This position has the overall fiduciary responsibility for the management of the Parish Finance and Administration. The Parish business manager as the head of operations works with the clergy, staff, and volunteers to see that the temporal gifts of the parishioners are prudently used to carry out the mission of Saint Martins of Tours (SMT).
General Operations Management
• Maintain positive relationships and effective communication between parish community, various ministries, and outside authorities
• Communicates and assists the parishioners via email, phone, and in-person
• Consult with and advise pastor on finance and administrative matters that affect the parish
• Responsible for reviewing and determining contract labor status
• Solicit and review bids and quotes and negotiate contracts
• Represent the parish at Diocesan, Regional, and National meetings
• Assist the Pastor in the stewardship of all parish resources in collaboration with the Parish Finance Council and the Parish Pastoral Council
• Arrange and supervise any major construction, improvement, maintenance, repair, necessary permits, and certifications
• Identify requirements and purchase supplies
• Ensure the technology needs of the parish are met
• Responsible for safe environment for staff and volunteers
• Responsible for handling risk management issues
• Maintenance of Security access control to all buildings (keys, keypad codes)
• Maintenance and surveillance of the security camera.
• Ensure that all requests and appropriate arrangements for meeting rooms and facilities are observed, set-up and cleaned-up in a timely manner.
1. Direct and supervise all office staff
2. Coordinate the process of performance appraisals on at least an annual basis for all parish personnel in collaboration with the Pastor.
3. In collaboration with the pastor, establish and implement personnel policies
4. Establish and conduct employee training for all staff
5. Process new hire / termination paperwork
Finance & Accounting
• Ensure the financial records of the parish are kept in proper order and all appropriate reporting takes place in a timely manner
• Responsible for overseeing timely payment of all vendors
• Supervises the collection and deposit of all funds raised at special events, including Capital Campaign and Carnival.
• Manages banking relationships, meeting with bank representatives when appropriate and supervising deposits at bank
• Performs basic bookkeeping and data entry using QuickBooks and payroll utilizing Exponent HR
• Responsible for the online data entering of the parish funds
• Schedules and monitors weekend collection count teams.
• Prepares and oversees the Annual Audit
• Ensure financial accountability and stewardship policies and procedures are implemented and maintained.
• Provide support and direction to the Stewardship Committee for the annual stewardship drive and other development activities and programs
• Functions as a resource and supporting team member for all Parish activities and events
• Attends major parish committees/council meetings (Pastoral Council, Finance Council, Building, and other meetings as appropriate or needed)
• Execute other duties as assigned by the pastor
• Active member of the Catholic Church
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the teachings and mission of the Catholic Church
• Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field
• 5 years+ previous experience managing similar responsibilities and employees
• Experience with, and a working knowledge of, the budget process including the ability to assist other staff members in this area.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities as a servant leader
• Must be able to work and relate well with other staff and parishioners
• The ability to trust and delegate appropriate responsibilities to other staff
• Must possess the ability to easily interact and relate with a wide assortment of personality types.
• Experience in Microsoft Office, Excel, Google suite, and QuickBooks software.
• Direct Catholic Church management experience
• Church management certification or with non-profit accounting experience
• Grant writing success
This position will mostly take place during regular parish center hours but may require some additional evening/ weekend during busy periods.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by team members within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Approved - Yes