Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Marketing Assistant for Diocese of Dallas Synod
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Synod - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Days Vary; 15-20 Hours/Week
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Diocese of Dallas Synod
Position: Marketing Assistant for Dallas Synod (CONTRACT POSITION)
Location: Hybrid in-person & virtual
Time commitment: 15-20 hours a week.
Hiring Timeline: Position open May 2022
Supervisor: Lacy de la Garza, Chair of the Synod Preparatory Commission
About Diocese of Dallas Synod:
A Synod is a unique event in the life of a diocesan Church, wherein the Bishop, exercising the office proper to him of governing the local Christian community, invites a process of dialogue with clergy, religious, and the lay faithful of the diocese with the purpose of establishing a clear vision for pastoral care normative to the present time and culture. The Dallas Synod began on December 12, 2021 on the 490th anniversary of the apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe and will conclude on December 12, 2031 which is the 500th anniversary of the apparition. The Chair of the preparatory commission oversees the preparatory commission, which is responsible for planning the preparatory phase in 2021, executing the preparatory phase from 2022-2023, and executing the synod itself in 2024.
The Diocese of Dallas has not held a synod in nearly 100 years, and has chosen now to examine two main questions. What does the Catholic Church in Dallas look like post-pandemic, and what should it look like? Using these guiding questions, the synod preparatory commission holds the responsibility of writing the Synod Directory for the Dallas Synod scheduled in 2024, as well as executing the listening sessions during the preparatory phase. This position will execute the necessary pre-work for the Synod by leading synod marketing efforts to three key audiences: parishes, event attendees, and parish / diocesan staffers.
You are an integral part in executing the necessary events of the preparatory phase of the Dallas Synod in 2024. The proper communication includes email content and graphic design, graphic design work for flyers and print materials, and consistent communication cadence with emails and social media related to the synod. Your efforts will lead to a more engaged, informed, and active faith-filled community. This position with the Diocese of Dallas Synod will allow you serve others by using your administrative, creative, and communication skills.
• Familiarize yourself with the intricacies of the synodal process
• Keep records, database, and task assignment processing up to date
• Manage event registration process and contacts for the synod events
• Write content for email distribution on a regular basis
• Manage email distribution calendar, cadence, and actual send
• Create graphics for distribution to parishes and general public
• Manage paid advertising for synod on social media as needed
• Exceptional digital organizational skills
• Volunteer management experience
• Event management experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to make and receive professional phone calls
• Able to travel during the day and night, weekday and weekends for events across the diocese
• Attention to detail
• Self-starting and friendly attitude
• Time management
What makes a great synod volunteer manager?
• Awareness of and enthusiasm for the Catholic Church
• Volunteer management and event planning experience for groups of small and large sizes
• Familiarity in Teams and SharePoint, or at least a high level of computer savvy & an intermediate level of data entry ability
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, phone, and organizational skills
• Bilingual preferred (English & Spanish), but not required
• Highly motivated & autonomous individual, self-starter, with excellent time management skills
• Teamwork, management, leadership skills; must be able to coordinate and work with supervisor closely to make sure tasks are completed correctly and on time
• An attitude of helpfulness and courtesy
• Problem solving & critical thinking skills
Email your resume and cover letter to Lacy de la Garza, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved - No