Job Opportunity Details
Resident Assistant - Live-in
Hiring Location: Non Parish-Based Organization - Bella House - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: undisclosed address, Dallas, TX 75244 (Map)
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m., Every other weekend
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
Live-in Resident Assistant
Compensation - Free Room & Board, plus $1000 monthly stipend
Live-In Resident Assistant Job Description
Bella House Mission:
The Bella House is a faith-based, community living, maternity residence for homeless pregnant women. Our mission is to offer a safe home where enriching programs can result in life-affirming changes and brighter futures for both mother and child.
The Bella House accepts pregnant women, at least 18 years of age, who are seeking a stable living environment. The Dallas Bella House has the capacity to serve 6 women.
Resident Assistant (RA) Position:
The Resident Assistant is a live-in position. The RA is responsible for providing after-hour house coverage between 7:00pm and 7:00am. The RA also covers the home every other weekend. Alternating weekends off duty allow for time away from the program. The Resident Assistant is responsible for ensuring that house rules and guidelines are followed. This is a live-in position, but the job responsibilities are related to the evening and nighttime hours. During the day, the RA is free to attend school or work. As a member of the residential staff, the RA is expected to work as part of a team which contributes to the life and operation of Bella House. The Resident Assistant is provided her own bedroom and bathroom separate from the house residents. The community pantry and kitchen are available for the RA use.
• Understand and enforce Bella House rules, as outlined in the Resident Handbook and general practice
• Report all violations immediately and consistently to daytime case management staff to follow up on
• Maintain consistency and fairness when dealing with all residents in the house
• Document resident concerns and send daily email reports to supervisor
• Understand and maintain familiarity with crisis protocols
• Respond to crises as they occur in the house
• Escalate necessary situations to appropriate supervisor immediately
• Mediate conflicts among residents as they arise
• Notify supervisor immediately of any conflict that escalates
• Facilitate the engagement of residents and assignment of chores, use of house amenities, and meals, to support an environment of harmony and peace
• Follow protocols for securing the home and residents no later than 10 p.m.
• Work with volunteers as needed to support the Bella House operations
• A minimum six-month commitment is required, with the option to renew provided performance is satisfactory
• Experience working at a non-profit is preferred
• Complete criminal record clearance upon hire; valid driver’s license and car insurance is required
• Pursuing or completed a degree in social/human services (psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, etc.) is beneficial but not required
Compensation: Free Room & Board - private bedroom and bathroom, $1000 Monthly Stipend
Bella House Inc provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Contract, Full-time
• Evening and Nighttime shift
• Weekends – every other weekend the RA is off duty. A Weekend RA covers the home those weekends to allow for rest and relaxation.
• Associate (Preferred)
• Driver's License (Preferred)
• CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person, North Dallas area
Name and Title: Heather Potts, Executive Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes