Job Opportunity Details
IT Support Technician
Hiring Location: Business Office – IT Cybersecurity and IT Operations - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
As an IT Support Technician, you'll be an integral part of our team, ensuring the maintenance and smooth operation of our organization's technological infrastructure. This will include servers, desktop environments, network systems, and various applications across the Dallas Diocese footprint. This role is a great fit for someone with a basic understanding of infrastructure/network engineering support, server support (on premise, virtual, and cloud), and endpoint support (laptops, workstations, apple devices, etc.), who is keen to expand their knowledge and build their career in the field of Information Technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Primary Support for network infrastructure (routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, etc.), servers, endpoints, and applications on occasion.
• Monitor system performance to identify issues and opportunities for improvement.
• Respond to infrastructure repair and maintenance requests in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with the IT team to ensure reliable operation of software and systems to fulfill business objectives and processes.
• Fine tune, perform audit control verification, and report on site adherence to policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance aligns with Diocesan goals, industry/cybersecurity best practices, insurance and regulatory requirements.
• Provide technical support and troubleshooting to staff for IT-related issues. On occasion work after hours and during weekend maintenance windows to support the business.
• Work with various 3rd party entities like managed service providers, tier 2 and tier 3 support organizations to deliver IT Services in a structured and standardized format.
• Ability to travel throughout the Dallas area to provide IT Support to any of our over 100 Parish and School locations on an as needed basis.
• Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
• Participate in managing all network security solutions.
• Assisting with Cybersecurity, NIST, and SOC 2 Compliance audits across the landscape.
• Other duties as assigned
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center. The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Infrastructure and Network Engineering, Windows Server environments, Active Directory, and desktop operating systems.
• Familiarity with network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.).
• Understanding of cybersecurity best practices.
• Strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical details in a user-friendly manner.
• Team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• CompTIA A+ for foundational understanding of IT infrastructure.
• Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals for familiarity with cloud services and Azure infrastructure.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) for knowledge in network fundamentals.
• CompTIA Network+ for comprehensive understanding of network technologies and tools.
• CompTIA Security+ for knowledge of network security concepts.
• Some nights and weekend work in support of IT business requirements such as weekly maintenance windows
• As a faith-based organization, we seek candidates who respect and support the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church
• Ability to remotely support approximately over 100 locations ranging from parishes to private schools
• Reliable transportation is needed to visit support locations as needed to assist with various projects, conduct IT audits, meet with other managed service providers and vendors, etc.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds for occasional transport of computer equipment.
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez- Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes