Job Opportunity Details
Front of the House/Hospitality Coordinator
Hiring Location: Saint Raphael Retreat Center / Diocesan Entity - Pastoral Center
Address: 901 S Madison Ave, Dallas, TX 75208 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 25 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Associates Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
Role created to guarantee that guests enjoy a flawless dining & catering experience. The front of house coordinator is the liaison or intermediary between the kitchen and our guests to ensure an efficient and seamless service.
This position requires a dependable and responsible individual that is willing to help all areas of the SRRC to accomplish their goals. This is a part-time position. This is a guest-facing role.
This is the perfect job for a friendly individual who genuinely enjoys helping people and who can manage tasks from start to finish with special attention to detail. This coordinator helps ensure that each meal service or catering service runs well from an execution standpoint and is also expected to interact with guests for quality assurance reasons and to help create a positive guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
Areas of Responsibility: Trinity Dining Hall, Mana Dining Hall, Coffee Station, Coffee Bars at Meeting Rooms and Casas.
• Decorate dining halls utilizing all the available resources (tablecloths, decorations)
• Manage and monitor bakery, salad and desert bars, being sure all products are well presented to the guests utilizing all available resources (trays, baskets, risers, decorations) and making sure serving areas and coffee stations are always neat and tidy when not in use.
• Support with set-up and décor for special events at patio, pavilion, garden, meeting rooms and casas (Agape).
• Prepare and train kitchen staff on preparation of deserts and special requests such Agape meals.
• Monitor and make suggestions for plate presentation.
• Greet all guests warmly on arrival and escort them to the serving line.
• Respond quickly and sympathetically to any customer concerns.
• Monitor cleanliness of dining halls, entries, coffee station, and even restrooms and hand washing station.
• Assists the Lead Cook in the implementation of Employee Dining Room Rules and Regulation and F&B
• Support colleagues and staff during busy periods, including serving meals and clearing tables.
• Support Lead Cook with scheduling work rosters for the kitchen, ensuring the correct level of staffing is achieved on each shift or catering service.
• Review all group reservations and review Event Orders with Lead Cook.
• Work with Lead Cook on menu designing and give recommendations.
• Assist with preparation/creation of special pastries, cakes and deserts for Catering.
• Manage and keep inventory of equipment and tools assigned to Catering services, making sure all the items are properly stored at all times. (Tables, chairs, silverware, dishes, decorations, tablecloths, etc.).
• Help with transportation and logistics for caterings off-premises.
• Help with loading and unloading food, tableware, and catering supplies onto and off catering vehicles.
• Keep informed of food and catering trends with a focus on quality.
Front of the House/Hospitality Coordinator Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Bertha deBastiani, SRRC Director
Phone: (214) 943-6585 x 105
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes