Job Opportunity Details
Position Filled - Applications are no longer being accepted.
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center/ Translator - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
The Diocesan Translator will serve as the official translator for the Bishop and the Diocese of Dallas. The Diocesan Translator must have a good understanding and knowledge of the role of communications in the Church to evangelize, teach, and communicate the message of the Gospel. The Diocesan Translator will translate all English to Spanish and Spanish to English correspondence and materials issued by the Bishop and Diocesan Offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• On a daily basis, the Diocesan Translator will translate materials from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English.
• Translation of the Bishop’s materials will take priority, but the Diocesan Translator will assist all departments with their translation needs.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with knowledge of Catholic Church terminology
• Written and spoken fluency in Spanish and English
• Ability to accurately translate from English to Spanish and from Spanish to English
• Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
• Excellent writing, editing, and oral communications skills
• Excellent proofreading skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to prioritize and work flexible hours to meet deadlines in collaboration with others
• Self-motivated, self-starter requiring minimal day to day direction
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Strong sense of confidentiality
Education and Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field
• Certification as a Translator, preferred
• Previous experience in working for the Catholic Church, preferably in ministry
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as required
• Willing to travel to parishes sites for translation as needed
• Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings, required.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Approved - No