Job Opportunity Details
Catholic schools positions listed through this posting are non-teaching positions only. Teaching positions can be found on the Catholic Schools employment page.
Hiring Location: Catholic Pro-Life Community - Non-Diocesan Organizations
Address: 14675 Midway Rd Suite 121, Addison, TX 75001 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: Monday - Friday (25-30 hours a week)
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Associates Degree (Preferred)/ HS Diploma + 2+ yrs experience
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The part-time position (approx. 25-30 hrs/wk) of the Database Specialist exists primarily to assist with carrying out the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community (CPLC). All employees and volunteers of the CPLC are to exercise faithful stewardship of the time, talent, and resources at their disposal and those of their co-workers in achieving the results that will be most worthy of the prayers, sacrifices, and generosity of our supporters.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Specialist serves as primary manager and data entry person of CPLC’s donor database software. Conducts data entry and produces standard and special reports and queries. Suggests and executes approved policies and procedures relative to the database and addresses problems related to database software. Works in a team environment with Gift Processor, part-time Development Assistant, and volunteers. Maintains and secures hard- and soft-copy files relating to all deposit reports. Ensures that needs of donors, development staff and other CPLC staff are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs constituent data entry, which can be complex. Attention to detail is essential.
• Will oversee potential transition from Raisers Edge software to new database platform – to be completed by December 1, 2022
• Provides general training to all personnel on appropriate database usage and updates, either directly or through Database Specialist position
• Oversees and maintains database software updates for all personnel, on desktop and mobile versions, in conjunction with IT personnel as assigned by Director of Operations
• Updates constituent records with Actions, Mailings, Notes, etc for an accurate and complete picture of constituent contact
• Enters contributions into database software from all sources: website, cash, checks, automatic transfers and gifts-in-kind. Completes adjustments, write-offs and installments.
• Troubleshoots donation and payment issues.
• Creates and runs queries, processes reports as needed, and analyzes data for accuracy.
• Maintains payments, pledges, and donor constituent data within database software.
• Updates volunteer and partner data within database software to accurately reflect participation and partnerships between ministries and other organizations
• Provides accurate data for mail-merge and slip reports for the monthly mailing to ongoing donors. Provides data for semi-annual newsletter and other mailings as requested.
• Provides reports for monthly reconciliation with the Accounting Department.
• Produces annual statements for donors.
• Coordinates and works closely with the Director of Development on donor information management.
• Coordinates after-event processing for staff/volunteers.
• Creates/prints/mails acknowledgement letters as needed for gifts and events.
• Serves as primary interface with the database software provider.
• Relates to donors and CPLC staff in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent in computer-related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum of 18 months in database experience for a non-profit organization
Proficiency in data entry and management (prior Raiser’s Edge software experience preferred)
Knowledge of and experience in mapping data
High level of clerical skill both in speed and accuracy
Excellent analytical, organizational, and trouble-shooting skills
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Proficient in all Microsoft Office software, including Word and Outlook
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Ability and desire to support the mission of the Catholic Pro-Life Community and the Church
Understanding of and compliance with the Diocese’s Safe Environment Program
Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines in a timely, accurate manner
Ability to communicate with customers at all levels
Ability to provide a high level of customer satisfaction
Ability to function independently and as part of a team
Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
Name and Title: Patricia Vasquez, Human Resource Director
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes