Job Opportunity Details
Intern, Catholic Campaign for Human Development
Hiring Location: Catholic Social Ministries - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St., Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Temporary
Hours: 15 hours per week
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
General Summary of the Position
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, Human Dignity and Respect for Life (who oversees CCHD in the Diocese of Dallas), the intern will be tasked with promoting Catholic Social Teaching to all people living in the Diocese of Dallas. In addition, the intern will be a key part in promoting CCHD's mission and annual collection via social media, speaking, working with CCHD funded groups, and through collaboration with other departments in the Diocesan offices where the intern will work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Internship
• Participate with her/his supervisor to create a plan of action that has clear objectives and a timeline to achieve the goals of the internship.
• Promote the annual CCHD collection in parishes.
• Relationship building with community and economic development organizations funded by CCHD, project monitoring and evaluation of grants.
• Parish education training and outreach projects.
• Oversee the Multi-Media Youth Contest utilizing in collaboration with the Offices of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry, Catholic Schools, and Evangelization, Catechesis and Evangelization so that he/she may continue to encourage students to learn about Catholic Social Teaching.
• Attend meetings in which she/he will learn about the poverty situation in Dallas.
• Promote the local grant applications and assist in site visits.
• Update the diocesan social media page with information about CCHD, CCHD collection and Catholic Social Teaching.
• Regularly update the diocesan CCHD web page.
• Letter and article writing.
• Throughout the semester the intern will be tasked with deepening his or her understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and open dialogue regarding this topic with a variety of people.
• Submit a written evaluation and a reflection paper upon completion of the internship.
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Practicing Catholic with interest and zeal to address the root causes of poverty in the Dallas area
• Great interpersonal skills
• A growth or learner mindset
• Ability to follow a plan of action through to completion
Education and Experience:
• Presently in college or have completed a degree
• Layperson, priest or religious
• Previous mission work, social work or neighborhood coalitions, shelters, etc. a plus
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) speaking and writing, a plus
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
• Indicate N/A
Name and Title: Erika Hernandez- Talent Acquisition Specialist
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes