Job Opportunity Details
Youth and Young Adult Ministry Assistant
Hiring Location: St Michael the Archangel- Garland - Parish
Address: 950 Trails Parkway, Garland, TX 75043 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Assistant is responsible for assisting in the development, coordination, supervision and execution of parish programs designed to engage and educate the youth and young adults of the parish. The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Assistant will work with the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry to act as an advocate and link for young adults, youth and their families to the Pastoral Team, the parish family, and the surrounding community.
While not intended to be a complete list, the following are examples of duties associated with this position. Other related expectations, responsibilities, and tasks are required at times. The Assistant should be adaptive and receptive to the varying requirements of this position.
1. Responsible for assisting the Youth and Young Adult Ministry teams to ensure the best overall faith experience as the parish collaborates with families to form intentional disciples of all children/youth in our community.
2. Administrative: Responsible for the sacramental documentation of all individuals which includes updating files with missing information and records. Includes information such as registration, registration fees, collecting fees, tracking down baptism certificates, sponsor forms, etc. Also includes tasks such as updating attendance records, sacramental requirements as well as conveying information to supervisors and parents/families as directed.
3. Demonstrate capability to carry out administrative duties in a timely fashion, utilizing good communication and relationship skills.
4. Assist with ensuring all adults are safe environment cleared; collaborates with parish safe environment staff to ensure compliance in a timely manner. Also responsible for working with all adults who need background checks, as well as driving records/permissions to serve as drivers.
5. As needed, collaborates with Liturgy team and Parish Secretary to coordinate liturgical needs, including scheduling priests and deacons (visiting priests if needed), for talks, presentations, confessions, adoration, etc.
6. Family Onboarding: Responsible for onboarding families which includes answering phone calls (which includes peak seasons of high phone call volume), responding to email inquiries and general questions, and meeting with families in person. Requires a superior knowledge of the parish, as well as a pastoral, nurturing approach to help families encounter Christ through Youth Ministry.
7. Financial Management: Responsible for managing and collecting payments for registration, sacrament fees, retreats, camps, events, and other items. Also responsible for tracking all payments and able to follow up with families about outstanding fees. This also includes as necessary working with families who need payment plans or scholarships.
8. Assists with managing any contracts, agreements, vendor relationships to ensure all agreements and payments are approved and processed in a timely fashion. This can include researching and/or negotiating potential new vendors and providers for best service, quality, and price.
9. Participate in ongoing formation and educational opportunities to keep current with trends in Youth Ministry.
10. Proficient in computer programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint; graphics and video are a plus.
11. Other duties assigned by the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
Education, Training and/Experience
1. High School diploma
2. Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
3. Proven participation and continuing updating of the Virtus Safe Environment Program sponsored through the diocese.
• This position entails frequent evening and weekend work.
Name and Title: John Sharp
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes