Job Opportunity Details
Director of High School Youth Ministry
Hiring Location: Our Lady of Angels Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 1914 Ridgeview Dr., Allen, TX 75013 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Primarily Sunday - Thursday, times flexible
Weekends/OT Required: Often
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
The Director of HSYM provides coordination for the parish's implementation of comprehensive youth ministry efforts to young people from 7th through 12th grades and young adults. This includes managing the HS ministry operations, MS retreats and YA outreach. Some responsibilities are shared with the Director of Middle School Youth Ministry. The Director of HSYM will plan and lead Sunday Youth Nights and Tuesday Discipleship groups; recruit, interview, and train volunteers; marketing and communication with youth, parents, volunteers; manage registration for HS events; coordinate implementation of retreats for MS and HS; coordinate youth and volunteer participation in conferences and mission trips; coordinate relational ministry efforts, outreach to and evangelization of youth and young adults.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, pastoral ministry or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of Catholic teaching, catechesis and documents on youth ministry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in composing reports, correspondence and letters and in publishing e-newsletters and flyers in English
- Ability to develop and facilitate youth programs
- Ability to read and understand church documents and guidelines.
- Ability to read, prepare, and manage budgets for major events and programs; prepare annual budget for youth ministry.
- Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions, and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to transport materials and equipment (up to 25 pounds) to and from various locations. Location is not accessible via public transportation, so reliable transportation to and from work is required.
- The employee must be able to work cooperatively with other members of the staff and with youth leaders and volunteers.
- The employee must be able to set priorities, work toward goals and deadlines, and manage multiple priorities.
- The employee must have knowledge of current youth culture and current trends and issues within those cultures. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality, develop curriculum and maintain documentation.
Director of High School Youth Ministry Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Sheila Tullier, Director of Middle School Youth Ministry
How to submit resume: Mail, Email
Approved - Yes