Job Opportunity Details
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Hiring Location: Pastoral Center - Human Resources - Pastoral Center
Address: 3725 Blackburn St, Dallas, TX 75219 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the Recruitment Life Cycle for the Pastoral Center to include sourcing, interviewing and partnering with hiring managers to select candidates. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is also responsible for the implementation of a robust recruiting process using creative sourcing methods (internal and external).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Recruiting for the Defined Population, which is the Pastoral Center.
• Maintains the acquired Applicant Tracking System for the Pastoral Center.
• Tracks recruitment trends to measure success in areas of cost per fill, time per fill, etc.
• Develops recruitment metrics.
• Builds community relationships.
• Builds pipelines to position the Pastoral Center in a Ready Now Posture.
• Partners with the hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
• Interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate reference/background checking including social media checks; makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers as appropriate for both exempt and nonexempt positions.
• Provides consultative advice for recruiting candidates.
• Uses traditional and nontraditional resources as appropriate, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, social media, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
• Provides opportunities to attract a diverse and inclusive candidate pool.
• Ensures appropriate branding in job postings.
• Ensures compliance with all local, federal and state laws.
• Manages the internal transfer process; conducts onboarding and offboarding to include screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, as appropriate, etc.
• Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
• Coordinates new hire orientation for a seamless onboarding.
• Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
• Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, confidentiality agreements).
• Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations pertaining to interviewing and selection.
• Manages application/resume file and retention according to policy.
• Develops both a recruitment training process and the reporting metrics for Business Managers, Pastors, Principals and Presidents.
• Provides recruitment guidance to Business Managers, Pastors, Principals and Presidents for hard to fill positions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and independently with moderate supervision.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
• Skilled in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Strong skill level in use of HRIS systems and software including Microsoft products Vizio, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Ability to analyze recruiting data to identify patterns, variances and trends and effectively interprets what the information means.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• A true understanding and demonstration of excellent customer service is a must.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field, required.
• Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience with heavy emphasis on talent acquisition and recruiting, required.
• Experience using various ATS platforms.
• HR appropriate certification, desirable.
• Practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of The Catholic Church.
• Bilingual, English/Spanish, preferred.
Physical Requirements Specific to the Job:
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
The Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Name and Title: Lana Kauffman, HR Business Partner/Recruitment
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes