Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. Jude Parish - Parish
Address: 1515 N. Greenville Ave, Allen, TX 75002-8616 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Jude Catholic Parish, in Allen, TX is looking for a hard-working, solution minded individual to serve as Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager responsibility is to oversee the physical property and the operations of all buildings (includes rectory) at St. Jude. This position will plan, oversee, and coordinate maintenance and improvement projects of the parish. The Facility Manager will maintain the facilities, grounds, and facilities staff to ensure a safe environment through a combination of upkeep and renovation of structures. The ideal candidate is great at troubleshooting, researching and solving problems.
The candidate needs to know how to manage a budget and be able to build productive and professional relationships with clergy, staff, vendors, contractors, ministry volunteers and parishioners.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the maintenance, janitorial, safety, security, transportation and energy management systems for all parish buildings and grounds.
• Prioritize, plan, evaluate, and coordinate a timely response to facility requests, general maintenance, major repairs, and participate in any remodeling or construction projects for the parish.
• Determine schedules and assignments for parish activities, based on parish schedules.
• Examine systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
• Inspect buildings, review plans, and determine standards for maintenance, components, and materials; assign and communicate these needs to appropriate workers.
• Oversee the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems.
• Monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions. (e.g. ensuring safety of facilities during adverse weather conditions)
• Performs weekly walk through of buildings, equipment, grounds and building systems to ensure safety.
• Serve as primary contact for facility related emergencies; will at times require evening and weekend response and work.
• Conduct repair, maintenance, operational procedures, and equipment use. Can include room set ups for special events (e.g. chairs, tables and other event requirements)
• Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
• Oversee the semi-annual floor cleaning and sealing (Note facilities has carpet and tile floors to be maintained)
• Work with Parish Administration to plan, administer, and control budgets to perform job duties. Follow parish accounting procedures for expenditures.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, and other meetings as directed by supervisor.
• Oversee contractors for repairs and new projects.
• Oversee security aspects for all buildings, as assigned. Primary person for security system calls
• All other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of outdoor maintenance, including grounds, building, roofing, and general property management.
• Knowledge of security systems, procedures, enforcement codes, equipment, and risk control strategies.
• Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, irrigation, electrical, and remodeling work, to include drywall, painting, and carpentry.
• Knowledge of materials, chemicals, and techniques for cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces inside buildings and rooms.
• Knowledge of industry standards for safety.
• Ability to develop goals, problem solve, generate new ideas and adjust to changing needs to accomplish work tasks.
• Ability to operate mowers, golf carts and other equipment.
• Ability to negotiate and manage outsource service providers and the transition/onboarding of new service providers.
• Create written reports regarding proposed and completed repairs.
• Able to effectively motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, along with establishing and developing strong positive relationships with parish staff, ministries and their leaders.
• Able to collaborate effectively within a team but can also self-manage and independently set expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Background in and/or knowledge of the Catholic Church with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and teachings of the Church.
• College degree preferred in engineering, facilities management, maintenance, or minimum of 5+ years’ experience in facilities management/maintenance
• Supervisory experience a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Valid driver's license required.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Position requires walking/inspecting the entire facility regularly
• May require lifting of 25-50lbs, climbing ladders, operating lift equipment, reaching, kneeling and bending
• Position is on-call to provide support; must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Periodic travel required for diocesan facilities meetings and purchasing of supplies and materials.
• Must complete the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Training program, obtain a certificate, and renew the training annually as required.
Name and Title: Mary Boyle/Parish Administrator
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes