Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. Mary of Carmel Catholic School - Catholic School
Address: 1716 Singleton Blvd, Dallas, TX 75212 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Regularly Mon- Fri 8am -4pm, but flexible with events
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: No
Bilingual Required: No
The Development Officer supervises and coordinates all advancement efforts responsible for promoting the growth and expansion of the school through efforts that are consistently complementary and compatible with the school’s mission statement, policies and priorities.
The Development Officer oversees all fund-raising efforts of the school, including events and fund-raising. In collaboration with the administrative team, they oversee the institutional integrity of all publications, related marketing materials, press releases, and branding of the school to prospective philanthropists who support Catholic education.
Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred; experience in
development and fund-raising at a non-profit. Experience with Catholic education would be a plus. Significant leadership experience in development with understanding of best practices, innovative and engaging programs, and data analytics is desired.
• Deep appreciation for and knowledge of the value of Catholic education.
• Warm and engaging presence, with ability to build relationships, develop volunteer networks, and connect with and inspire a variety of people.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire confidence when working with all
• Ability to raise awareness of St. Mary of Carmel Catholic School in order to raise funds for designated programs and projects.
• A strategic mindset to organize and implement a development plan that is aligned with the
• Ability to organize, execute and grow St. Mary of Carmel’s annual events including but not limited to North Texas Giving Day, Annual Appeal, the Speaker Series and Trivia Night.
• Ability to plan, promote, and execute innovative special events to promote community relations
and thank donors.
• Experience writing successful grant requests to foundations and corporations for designated
projects and programs.
• Ability to oversee the management of the database.
• Experience developing programs to connect donors with students receiving tuition assistance.
Development responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with the principal and Shared Services Accounting to track donations and how they support the programs at the school.
• Work with the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Assist the principal in preparing reports on finances, donations and giving.
• Support the fund-raising efforts associated with operating budget of St. Mary of Carmel
• Attend networking events and keep abreast of advancement opportunities and trends.
• Successfully complete Safe Environment and all background checks.
• Abide by all policies as outlined in the Catholic Schools Office Handbook of Policies and Procedures for Elementary and Secondary Schools and the St. Mary of Carmel Faculty and Staff Policies and Procedures; and
• Complete all other duties as assigned by the President.
Development Officer Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Kaitlyn Aguilar, Principal
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes