Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. Ann Parish - Coppell - Parish
Address: 180 Samuel Blvd, Coppell, TX 75019 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday 8am to Friday 5pm
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
St. Ann Parish is located in Coppell, Texas. We currently have over 7500 families.
Director of Development
• Proposing and coordinating new fundraising or donor-sponsored initiatives
• Represents St. Ann to community leaders and at community events.
• Provides weekly content for the bulletin
• Works with the communications team to have Development content on the website that is updated
• Advise the Pastor on parish giving.
• Definition of messaging and review of email and mail appeals. Including messaging for all
fundraising-related correspondence, including the annual Stewardship drive, special appeal letters
and emailed appeals.
• Identification of potential grant partners and grant proposals
• Research, develop, and implement ways to increase broad-based participation of existing
• Support the Bishop’s Annual Appeal.
• Generates analytical reports for the Director of Administration/Finance, Pastor, and Parish Finance
• Develop planned giving at the parish level.
• Track changes in parish demographics and contributions with possible implication to stewardship and
• Work with TouchPoint/MortarStone to identify first time givers, delinquent givers, etc. and develop a
plan for appreciation and follow-up.
• Overseeing and managing individualized relationship and broad base fundraising portions of key
events and programs
• Major Donor Personalized Events such as a in-home wine and cheese events and relationship building
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary (e.g. hosting meeting with donors, fundraising
• Personally visit with parishioners to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward the support of parish
families. A minimum of 20 personal contacts with parishioners each month.
• Create and Implement Major Donor cultivation and gift retention strategy.
• Maintain and build Major Donor and Potential Major Donor portfolio.
• Organize an appropriate donor communication cadence.
• Natural Relationship Skills – An ability to make a good first impression through a positive
combination of professionalism, trustworthiness, and an honest appreciation for other people.
A pleasant demeanor and kind appearance. Handling interpersonal relationships with
discernment and empathy.
• Proven Communication Skills – Excellent written and verbal Communication skills that
allows you to be goal-oriented without being aggressive. This includes that ability
to communicate through individualized personalization beyond traditional broad based
mailings and social media campaigns. A high level of proficiency in standard Microsoft Office,
Email, and Social Media tools is needed to facilitate these personalized communications.
• Dedication to our community - The willingness and ability to demonstrate the values, vison, and
culture of St. Ann’s consistently and positively serving as the “face” of St. Ann. Acceptance
of the teachings of the church and active member of St. Ann Parish Community. Compliance
with all Safe Environment requirements of St. Ann’s.
• Teachable and Adaptable – Willing to learn and adapt your experience in relationship-based
fundraising within the context of the culture and mission of St. Ann. Ability to work
effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and community.
• Proven Leader – Ability to motivate and lead staff and volunteers to achieve the desired
goals. This requires a continuity of direction that begins with planning and defining
key approaches, providing hands-on demonstration and knowledge transfer, and learning
and optimizing based on actual performance.
• Foundation Experience – Demonstrated ability to achieve designated goals through
Individual contribution and team-oriented solutions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations (or) minimum
five years’ experience in non-profit development preferred.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the Development budget
• Honor and maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to thrive with minimal supervision
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage time and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to work across different cultures, Spanish speaking is a plus.
Name and Title: Jennifer Lindsey - Director of Administration/Finance
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes