Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St Thomas Aquinas Church - Parish
Address: 6306 Kenwood Avenue, Dallas, TX 75214 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends/OT Required: No
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Preferred
Bilingual Required: No
The Parish Accountant provides financial and accounting support to the Pastor, Parish and School Administrators, and Parish Financial Controller. This position performs duties related to the processing of contributions and fees, payables, payroll, and overall financial reporting and forecasting for the parish, as well as the proper maintenance of related accounting records. The Parish Accountant works closely in collaboration with the Human Resource Generalist, the School Accountant, and the Controller to ensure accounting and financial practices and controls are accurately, consistently, and timely applied.
Key high-level responsibilities include:
*Cash Receipts and Accounts Receivable
* Cash Disbursements and Accounts Payable
* Cash Management, Cash Forecasting and Budgeting
* General Accounting and Tax
For a more detailed job description, see the attached file.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA preferred.
* Not-for-Profit and/or church financial experience preferred.
* Financial experience in a school, a plus.
* Minimum five years’ experience in general ledger accounting or public accounting and a strong working
knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and financial forecasting.
* Experience managing the budget process.
Name and Title: Nan Sayers, Financial Controller
Phone: 214-821-3360 x4109
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes