Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Saint Elizabeth Catholic Church - Parish
Address: 916 Maple Street, Bonham, TX 75418 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Hours: 8-10 hours a week
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: HS Diploma
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Yes
General Summary of the Position
This position is needed for 8-10 hours a week.
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant and the pastor performs the office work including answering phone calls, interacting with parish visitors, assisting with Mass dedications and other requests, and receipt and distribution of mail and packages. The secretary is the second point of contact for the parish community and should present a positive, professional image to all staff and visitors to the church office. Responsible for....
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• Welcome guests, answers phone calls, check parish office email and directs inquiries in a timely, courteous manner. Answer and call back Spanish messages.
• Prepare various sacramental paperwork and certificates (Weddings, Baptism, CCD, etc.)
• Prepare Spanish commentator sheet for each weekend and have them ready in the church for the lectors.
• Knowledgeable in wix.com webpage editing platform for maintaining website
• Marriage prep documentation; filing any and all documentation to send it to the dioceses.
• Prenuptial paperwork preparation: Schedule interview with Priest, complete the pre-nuptial questionnaire with couples and affidavits
• Assists with obtaining marriage license for couples and mails the same to the country to register the marriage.
• Responsible for ordering material from FOCCUS for marriage preparation
• Work closely with the Diocese Marriage Ministry department and the Tribunal Department submitting all required documents timely for Nullity Cases and Formal Cases serving as an advocate.
• Responsible for submitting to the Diocese dispensation/permission for non-Catholic weddings and processing same.
• Responsible for maintaining the marriage records in the parish book current
• In charge of all baptism related things, registration, calls, paperwork, coordinating for baptismal classes, setting up for baptism and getting the baptismal certificate done.
• Keeping the baptismal files in order as well as issuing the certificates
• Responsible for preparing and working with students’ registration, receiving the fees for class in coordination with CCD director and office manager.
• Making sure all the necessary documentations are turned in in timely manner such as birth, baptismal or communion certificates, etc.
• Giving all information needed to the parents beforehand (Calendar and requirements for sponsors, etc.)
• Responsible for faith formation records, books, supplies, and other materials as needed.
• Issue the baptismal, communion, confirmation and marriage certificate, and any other certificate needed.
• Keep the student’s attendance record, coordinate parents and teacher’s meeting
• Assist the OCIA director coordinator turning in documentations of the candidates and issuing the sacramental certificates.
• Provide and update the safe environment training for parish volunteers and staff
• Responsible for keeping the safe environment files in order, including online training.
• Stay in touch with Dioceses’ safe environment office on a regular basis
• Setting up the church and getting the books ready for the mass when needed
• Assists with scheduling funeral masses as needed
• Assist the Quinceanera coordinator when needed.
• Assist Father and office manager when needed
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastoral Administrator
• Able to adapt to the needs of the office and to work with all members of the team under the direction of the Pastoral Administrator.
DO NOT REMOVE
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities of the position may be changed at the sole discretion of the Diocese of Dallas – Pastoral Center.
Saint Elizabeth reserves the right to modify this job description without notice to the employee. This job description is not a contract and does not alter the employee’s at-will employment status.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality
• Self – starter and takes initiative with limited supervision
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Solid working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher and Google calendar.
• Ability to work with parish webpage
• Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and personal integrity. Personal issues do not interfere with professional responsibility.
• As all diocesan employees represent the Roman Catholic Church, they are expected to conduct themselves according to the teachings, goals, and mission of the Church in performing their duties
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Excellent interpersonal skills and personal demeanor
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, (Associates Degree if possible - optional)
• Willingness to learn new skills and advance in personal development
• Must be bi-lingual and able to read, write and speak English and Spanish
• Practicing Catholic in good standing
• Must clear Safe Environment
• Available to work some evenings and weekends when needed
Name and Title: Fr. Delfin Condori
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes