Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: St. Ann Catholic Parish - Parish
Address: 180 Samuel Blvd, Coppell, TX 75019 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
St. Ann's is located in Coppell, TX with almost 8,000 families.
1. Maintains the financial bookkeeping system in QuickBooks for the parish including accounts payable and receivable ledgers and financial statements.
2. Works with Money Counting team to make timely deposits of money received and provides suggestions for safe handling of money and deposits.
3. Provides information to data entry to post donations to donor accounts for all non-automated donations; including but not limited to non-capital, capital, non-stewardship, and stewardship donations.
4. Prepare all revenue journal entries in financial system and reconcile revenue accounts for all major funds to subsidiary ledgers.
5. Assist donors with setting up and/or revising credit card/pledge information as needed
6. Prepare Sunday Collection and attendance reports.
7. Recruits money counters for the count teams and ensures adequate number of volunteers each week.
8. Prepare and provide information and supplies to Ushers, including but not limited to Special Collection Schedules, Attendance Sheets, Safety Bags and Log, and Diocese required information.
9. Process all accounts Payables ensuring all required documentation, proper coding, tax exemption status and approvals are received.
10. Maintain accurate vendor list including 1099 information.
11. Upload non-complex vendor contracts to the Diocese for approval.
12. Calculates and prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year end journal entries as needed.
13. Reviews Balance Sheet and transactions monthly for accuracy prior to close of month.
14. Reconcile credit card entries to proper bank accounts.
15. Provides journal entries, schedules, and reconciliations for new and existing projects, campaigns and events.
16. Responsible for the upkeep of the postage meter including the software updates, contact for the repair and maintenance and ensuring adequate funds and supplies are available to meet the needs of the Parish.
17. Maintain accounting skills and expertise by participating in diocesan-sponsored training, attendance at workshops and classes, and/or membership in local organizations.
18. Must be able to keep multi company accounts.
19. Responsible for the quarterly sales tax returns.
20. All other requests from Pastor or Director of Operations.
1. Demonstrate successful work experience establishing and maintaining accounting system consistent with the Diocesan guidelines.
2. Solid knowledge of basic and advanced accounting and financial principles and practices.
3. Ability to produce accurate and current parish financial data as requested by the pastor or Director of Administration and Finance.
4. Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
5. Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to set priorities and organize work effectively and efficiently.
7. Must be highly skilled in use of Excel, QuickBooks, and MS Office and the ability to adapt quickly to new systems.
8. Must be able to interact effectively, cooperate and collaborate with others to get things done.
9. Must be a member of St. Ann or willing to become an active, participating member at employment
10. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting preferred or equivalent work experience. CPA a plus.
11. Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting is required with emphasis on accounting best practices and bookkeeping.
Name and Title: Search Committee
How to submit resume: Mail, Drop-off at location, Email
Approved - Yes