Job Opportunity Details
Youth Minister and Communications Director
Hiring Location: Immaculate Conception Parish - Corsicana - Parish
Address: 3000 W State Highway 22, Corsicana, TX, TX 75110 (Map)
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Except on Wednesday 11:30 .m. - 8:30 p.m. for youth nights
Weekends/OT Required: Occasionally
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: Preferred
General Summary of the Position
• Empowering young people to be disciples of Jesus Christ in our world.
• Drawing young people into responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the local, diocesan, and universal Church.
• Using technology, including social media, to promote the parish and family life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
In the area of communications:
• Maintaining and updating parish website, social media, parish sign (marquee), and Google suit.
• Uploading calendars for liturgical ministers in the parish website.
• Sending messages through Flocknote.
• Putting together weekly bulletin and evaluating design and content.
• Responding in a timely manner to requests of the different realities in the parish to promote their events.
• Helping groups to have access to Parish App and Flock note.
• Helping employees stay connected with the Diocese through the Pastoral Center News.
• Elaborating and publishing promotional material.
• Analyzing and evaluating communication efforts from the website and social media.
• Generating, curating, scheduling, and posting content on social media.
• Monitoring comments, feedback, and messages on social media.
• Overseeing the creation, design, and production of the annual newsletter.
In the area of youth ministry:
• To make sure that youth and volunteers follow diocesan guidelines regarding Safe Environment.
• To work closely with the Pastor and form a Youth Ministry Adult Core Volunteer Staff in the development and execution of the vision and mission of Immaculate Conception Youth Ministry.
• To develop and maintain a youth ministry core group of 5 teens within the first year.
• To understand the needs, development, and culture of youth and respond to these in ministry and programming.
• To oversee and lead the Middle School youth group in formation as well as to plan and implement the overall program.
• To assist the core team in planning and implementing High School Youth Group nights. This includes coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices, and setup.
• To be the primary communicator between program and presenters/core team/parents/volunteer teams and the parish.
• To advertise and promote coming Youth Group nights, retreats, and events by every means available such as posters, flyers, web site, bulletin, social media, etc.
• To recruit, lead, evaluate, and provide training for all Middle and High School group leaders and teen helpers.
• High School Youth Minister position includes but is not limited to the formation of teen volunteers, retreats, youth group, summer trips (Steubenville Lone Star), High School Graduation Mass, and discipleship groups.
• To plan social, entertaining, and instructional activities for the youth like Pro Life Boot Camp, March Pro Life, as well as service projects such as Mission Possible, visits to nursing homes.
• To develop and present goals to Pastor for each quarter. The Pastor requests other duties.
• To promote, develop curriculum, and teach classes for youth who need sacraments as part of the Rite of Christian Initiation.
• To encourage youth and young adults to participate in different activities of the parish and to discern their vocation.
• To reach out to the different realities in the parish to seek their cooperation and involvement in youth activities.
• To design liturgical celebrations in accord with the liturgical calendar in which the youth can participate.
• To develop and maintain a budget for the Youth Ministry department.
• To plan and coordinate calendar year to include Middle and High School retreats, parent meetings, youth activity, etc.
• To organize periodic catechist and/or volunteer meetings and appreciation dinners.
• To implement all Diocesan, Parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks.
• To collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum, and volunteer utilization.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
• Professional and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with technology including social media.
• Flexibility in handling a variety of projects.
• Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team with staff and volunteers.
• Flexibility in adapting to unexpected situations.
• Knowledge of Diocesan and national expectations and trends in youth faith formation.
• Familiarity with Canva, Publisher, PowerPoint, Word.
Education and Experience
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in youth ministry
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience in the use of social media platforms.
• Being a Catholic in good standing.
• Having a deep spiritual life.
• Being available to work non-standard hours which will include weekends.
• Participating actively in the greater community and the life of the parish (attending different Masses at Immaculate and parish activities). Preferably the candidate should live in Corsicana.
• Being present at the major Sunday Masses of the parish and liturgical celebrations (such as Paschal Triduum and Christmas).
• Adhering to the social, ethical, and moral disciplines, norms, and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church in both professional and personal conduct require.
Name and Title: Rev. Juan Carlos Marín-Cortés, Pastor
Phone: (903) 467 3964
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes