Job Opportunity Details
Hiring Location: Catholic Campus Ministry at SMU - Other Catholic Entities and Organizations
Address: 3057 University Blvd., Dallas, TX 75205 (Map)
Job Type: Part Time
Weekends/OT Required: Rarely
Education Required: Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
Catholic Required: Yes
Bilingual Required: No
Catholic Campus Ministry at Southern Methodist University, a year-round ministry of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Dallas, seeks a part-time Communications Coordinator who fulfills the Catholic mission of Catholic Campus Ministry by driving the ministry’s marketing and communication initiatives.
Essential Job Functions
Marketing and Communications
• Support and uphold the mission of the Gospel by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church in keeping with the Catechism of the Catholic Church in all ministry communications.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate an effective and engaging communications plan/campaign across all platforms, including social media and website.
• Manage and maintain all social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
• Develop, produce, and distribute all promotional and communication materials (digital, newsletters, brochures, mailers, signs and emails) in coordination with all departments.
• Increase the ministry’s visibility and brand recognition through effective marketing.
• Regularly update dynamic content on the website.
• Manage consistency of brand standards across communications/publications/products.
• Work closely with the Director of Development to proactively support and grow our development efforts.
• Attend select ministry events to capture photography and video to create visual storytelling.
• Ensure all photo, video, and written testimony is organized and archived for future use.
Additional Roles and Expectations
• Manage the Marketing budget.
• Participate in regular staff meetings for coordination of campus ministry goals.
• Connect new student intakes with appropriate ministry personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience creating engaging written content for newsletters, brochures, donor campaigns, etc.
• Proven experience with social media, including compiling social networking analytics and regularly monitoring and moderating activity to develop a successful strategy.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and task management.
• Excellent skills for planning and executing communications campaigns.
• Skills in graphic design, photography, video editing, and website design.
• Self-starter, proactive in implementing and communicating new initiatives to students, donors, and staff, as applicable.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field preferred.
• One to three years’ professional experience relevant to marketing, communication, project management, and/or social media required.
• Knowledge and experience with Canva and Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere Pro) and Squarespace. Familiarity with Adobe Lightroom helpful.
• One to three years’ experience in Catholic young adult ministry and/or Catholic campus ministry preferred.
Special Requirements and Expectations:
• Occasional attendance required at ministry events on evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Communications Coordinator Detailed Job Description
Name and Title: Fr. Wade Bass, Director and Chaplain
How to submit resume: Email
Approved - Yes